DS-160 question, Have you ever been refused a visa.

spry36

I need help in the below DS-160 question.

Have you ever been refused a US visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Back in 2011, when I went for visa stamping in Hyderabad, I got 221G. Visa officer has written "Sent to USCIS" on 221G form. I am assuming that this means, I was refused a visa at the consulate and application has been sent to USCIS for final decision. I am not sure what was the outcome from USCIS as I have moved to a different employer and came back to US. There is nothing written on my previous visa stamp except CWOP which is normal I guess.

Now I am kind of confused what to answer to this DS-160 question.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:37 AM, spry36 said:

I need help in the below DS-160 question.

Have you ever been refused a US visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Back in 2011, when I went for visa stamping in Hyderabad, I got 221G. Visa officer has written "Sent to USCIS" on 221G form. I am assuming that this means, I was refused a visa at the consulate and application has been sent to USCIS for final decision. I am not sure what was the outcome from USCIS as I have moved to a different employer and came back to US. There is nothing written on my previous visa stamp except CWOP which is normal I guess.

Now I am kind of confused what to answer to this DS-160 question.

You should answer Yes and provide the explanation.

Archived