H1B to H4 Visa Urgent

RitikaM

I am currently on working in USA on H1B visa and have utilized 3 years of visa. Stamping is valid till August, 2017. Could you please help me with below questions.
1) Can I file H4 right now? If Yes, When I need to stop working on h1-B (When I need to resign my current employer)?
2) What would happen to H1B visa status? My current employer needs to revoke H1 B?
3) Can I stay on H4 in US on receipt?
4) Will I be able to switch back to H1 anytime in future?

20 hours ago, RitikaM said:

I am currently on working in USA on H1B visa and have utilized 3 years of visa. Stamping is valid till August, 2017. Could you please help me with below questions.
1) Can I file H4 right now? If Yes, When I need to stop working on h1-B (When I need to resign my current employer)?
2) What would happen to H1B visa status? My current employer needs to revoke H1 B?
3) Can I stay on H4 in US on receipt?
4) Will I be able to switch back to H1 anytime in future?

1. Yes, you can. You can resign as soon as you get receipt or when your H-4 gets approved.

2. It will be cancelled.

3. Yes, you can.

4. Yes, you can switch back anytime.

Thanks Shekhar for your response. Could you please tell me if will be safe to file H4 if my spouse's H1-B visa is going to expire in 3 months. What is the safe duration within which I can file H4?
Ofcourse my spouse would be filing H1-B visa extension parallel.

Archived