L1 to H1B Cap Exemption

I was been to USA on 2011 to 2013  on L1 visa during stay I applied for H1B lottery and approved with COS  AUG2013 (petition 2013 to 2016) , once approved I am out of USA  on same month due to personal reasons and my L1 Visa expired(Apr 2014)

I reapplied with new L1 stamped(oct 2015) and came to USA recently on Nov 2016, I would like to  utilize my old H1B CAP EXEMPTION once, need more details 

1) I am not contact with my h1b applied company, Currently I have receipt number can I look any new employer with H1b receipt number they can transfer now L1 to H1? If so, what documents  I need to give them?

2)  Since H1B premium processing stopped by April, my new employer can apply to convert status what is idle time (l1 to h1) or Can I work immediately  even in processing

3) My dependent are still not yet stamped in my current visa L1 still  out of USA, Do I need to stamp them now L1 or once I converted to H1 do I need stamp ( need suggestion)

4)Need to know any consulancty urls or portals who apply for H1B CAP exemption ?

On 3/18/2017 at 9:54 PM, sandiego said:

I was been to USA on 2011 to 2013  on L1 visa during stay I applied for H1B lottery and approved with COS  AUG2013 (petition 2013 to 2016) , once approved I am out of USA  on same month due to personal reasons and my L1 Visa expired(Apr 2014)

I reapplied with new L1 stamped(oct 2015) and came to USA recently on Nov 2016, I would like to  utilize my old H1B CAP EXEMPTION once, need more details 

1) I am not contact with my h1b applied company, Currently I have receipt number can I look any new employer with H1b receipt number they can transfer now L1 to H1? If so, what documents  I need to give them?

2)  Since H1B premium processing stopped by April, my new employer can apply to convert status what is idle time (l1 to h1) or Can I work immediately  even in processing

3) My dependent are still not yet stamped in my current visa L1 still  out of USA, Do I need to stamp them now L1 or once I converted to H1 do I need stamp ( need suggestion)

4)Need to know any consulancty urls or portals who apply for H1B CAP exemption ?

NEEED  URGENT RESPONSE ,,

Nowadays, if you don't start working on the H1, you are not considered counted for the quota.

However, the rule was only clarified by USCIS in 2015 (if I remember right), so it may or may not apply to you.

Discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

Archived