Dropbox or Visa Interview

goldengate41

Hi, 

I came to US in Feb 2014 through Employer A and my visa was approved until Aug 2016. After moving to US, i switched to Employer B in Dec 2015. And later moved to Employer C in Sep 2016. 
My current visa is expired and i have changed my employer as well, I wanted to know if I am eligible for Drop Box, when i fill the questions in the ustraveldocs site it tells me that i am eligible for drop box, 
but wanted to confirm if would need to go via drop box route or schedule the interview. Below are the list of questions that were asked in the drop box site. 

Questions : Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? 
Yes 

Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”? 
No 

Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? 
No 

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? No Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? 
Yes 

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? 
Yes 

You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. 

Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate. 

When you click “Continue” to proceed with your application. Step 1. Print one copy of the Drop Box Confirmation Letter. Step 2. Drop off your listed documents at one of our 11 Document Drop-Off locations.           

Current passport and any old passports with a U.S. visa.          
One photograph (per U.S. visa specification).           
Photocopy of form I-797. 

Thanks,

On 3/14/2017 at 4:44 PM, goldengate41 said:

Hi, 

I came to US in Feb 2014 through Employer A and my visa was approved until Aug 2016. After moving to US, i switched to Employer B in Dec 2015. And later moved to Employer C in Sep 2016. 
My current visa is expired and i have changed my employer as well, I wanted to know if I am eligible for Drop Box, when i fill the questions in the ustraveldocs site it tells me that i am eligible for drop box, 
but wanted to confirm if would need to go via drop box route or schedule the interview. Below are the list of questions that were asked in the drop box site. 

Questions : Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? 
Yes 

Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”? 
No 

Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? 
No 

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? No Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months? 
Yes 

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? 
Yes 

You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. 

Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate. 

When you click “Continue” to proceed with your application. Step 1. Print one copy of the Drop Box Confirmation Letter. Step 2. Drop off your listed documents at one of our 11 Document Drop-Off locations.           

Current passport and any old passports with a U.S. visa.          
One photograph (per U.S. visa specification).           
Photocopy of form I-797. 

Thanks,

You can use the drop box option.

Archived