Can I travel on Old H1B Visa after H1B Extension has been approved?

Prasad1

Hi Friends,

I have a valid H1B Visa until SEP-2017,I changed my employer and got the new I-797 until April 2019.

I am traveling to Indian June-2017 and will be back by July 2017.

Do I need to go for H1B Visa stamping? or Can i travel back to USA on my OLD valid Visa (Previous employer )with out going for stamping stamping on new employer.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
PR

On 3/14/2017 at 1:26 PM, Prasad1 said:

Hi Friends,

I have a valid H1B Visa until SEP-2017,I changed my employer and got the new I-797 until April 2019.

I am traveling to Indian June-2017 and will be back by July 2017.

Do I need to go for H1B Visa stamping? or Can i travel back to USA on my OLD valid Visa (Previous employer )with out going for stamping stamping on new employer.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
PR

You can use the old visa. But make sure you show new I-797 at port of entry.

I was given the i94 at the POE only till the visa validity .

I thought the same like you guys thinking i will get the i94 till my H1b extension approval i94. The POE officer was so rude and told me you should have done your stamping if you have an extension approval when you were out of the country.

So i rushed to mexico to get the extension stamping done .

THIS WAS BEFORE THE TRUMP ERA. 

On 3/21/2017 at 10:30 AM, Tjgarla said:

I was given the i94 at the POE only till the visa validity .

I thought the same like you guys thinking i will get the i94 till my H1b extension approval i94. The POE officer was so rude and told me you should have done your stamping if you have an extension approval when you were out of the country.

So i rushed to mexico to get the extension stamping done .

THIS WAS BEFORE THE TRUMP ERA. 

I dont think this is right. if your extension is with the same employer, you I-94 date should be the renewal petition end date. I came in last month with same case. I confirmed this with my lawyer before arriving in U.S and CBP officer put in my renewal petition end date in I-94 expiry date without asking when I showed her my renewal petition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 11:18 AM, phx_indian said:

I dont think this is right. if your extension is with the same employer, you I-94 date should be the renewal petition end date. I came in last month with same case. I confirmed this with my lawyer before arriving in U.S and CBP officer put in my renewal petition end date in I-94 expiry date without asking when I showed her my renewal petition.

Ok you are just lucky then.

I am quoting what has happened with me at the POE. 

In my case employer was changed and i have new I797 approval until April 2019 ,But my H1B Visa valid till Sept-2017(Previous employer).

Can i travel back to USA before SET-17 on my OLD valid Visa (Previous employer )with out going for stamping on new employer.

Thanks in advance.

Archived