H1b i797a approved with i94 10 digits everify failed

Pavani Rao

Hi,

My recent h1b premium petition extension for non immigration status was approved i797a on feb 7th 2017 with 3 years as i have my i140 approved in california. There are no errors in the approval notice except the i94 number.

I94 is supposed to be 11 digits but the new approval has only 10 digit.

My employer says this was never seen before as a result everify cannot be done. Strangely the new approval notice has 10 digits matching the one assigned at the port of entry one digit is missing. I went to the cbp but they refused to fix the i94 as it is given by uscis.

What needs to be done. Is this seen before. Will uscis fix the error and does it require me to take an appointment with uscis or the i94 can be fixed in other ways ?

Please let me know as i cannot find anything similar to my case in the forums

Thanks

Pavani

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 11:37 PM, Pavani Rao said:

Hi,

My recent h1b premium petition extension for non immigration status was approved i797a on feb 7th 2017 with 3 years as i have my i140 approved in california. There are no errors in the approval notice except the i94 number.

I94 is supposed to be 11 digits but the new approval has only 10 digit.

My employer says this was never seen before as a result everify cannot be done. Strangely the new approval notice has 10 digits matching the one assigned at the port of entry one digit is missing. I went to the cbp but they refused to fix the i94 as it is given by uscis.

What needs to be done. Is this seen before. Will uscis fix the error and does it require me to take an appointment with uscis or the i94 can be fixed in other ways ?

Please let me know as i cannot find anything similar to my case in the forums

Thanks

Pavani

Take an appointment with infopass. They can guide you.

Archived