I94 with renewed passport

kau_ber

Hello,

I have a concern regarding my I94 date.
I am currently on H1b visa which has validity till Sept 2018, and so was my I94 expiration date. Have been living in California since few years.

In January 2017 though, I went to India and renewed my passport which expires in Feb 2017. 

While entering US in January 2017, I gave both my passports and successfully entered the city. But, now when I try to put up my I94 online (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home) with my new passport number, nothing pops up.

When I enter my old passport no, it pulls up my record but has no history of my latest travel.

Q) Does it effect my status in anyway?

Q) Did anyone face such issue? What can I do to fix my I94 issue. I was reading online about crossing the border and getting new I94, But I already did come from India in January 2017.

Thank you all.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:59 PM, kau_ber said:

When I enter my old passport no, it pulls up my record but has no history of my latest travel.

When you say "pulls up my record"  what do you mean? Is an I94 number generated or not? If yes, you are OK.

If you are simply concerned about travel history and nothing is showing up, there is no cause for concern as travel histories are riddled with inaccuracies and are never meant to be used for legal purposes. Only the accuracy of the I94 number is vital.

• 2 weeks later...

Solution:
I went to the local CBP deferred inspections office and told them the problem.

It is quite common problem, and they updated the I94 without any questions.

Again, my problem was, my renewed passport number was not showing up in the system of I94 (Even though I used it to enter the airport).

Archived