What happens to H1B after changing employers on EAD

neerajshah81

Hello,

Can someone tell me what happens to our H1B visa if we change employers on EAD card ?  I currently have my H1B with my current employer and i also have an EAD card since past 3-4 years. My I-140 has been approved years ago.  If i leverage my EAD to change jobs,  my H1B will no longer be valid as i won't be with the same employer.    Will there be any issues as far as staying in USA is concerned my H1B is no longer valid ?

I understand that i can stay and work until the validity of the EAD card but are there any issues if our H1B gets revoked upon changing employers?

Thanks

Neeraj

There is no question of what if. The H1 petition WILL be revoked by the employer you leave as it is required by law. That will not affect you. If you start working on the EAD, you can get back to H1 status if you want by having an employer file and get another non cap H1 petition approved and then you leave and return with the H1 visa. Unless there are immediate family reasons, stick to the EAD.

• 4 months later...

I am with a priority date of 2009 december and moved to EAD and working with a different employer in 2012, got married in 2013 and ever since waiting for the date to get current. My wife is on student visa here and we had a kid recently. We are very concerned about what are our options now. Even if I changed my employer and not anymore with my h1b sponsering employer, being on ead, can i still apply for h1b with a new employer and get it with non cap?

Archived