how to delay GC?

apkesh

I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and working in the US for an American company.  I work as an American consulting company and spend 4 days in the US and fly back home on Thursdays for the weekend.  I just got an email from my company indicating my PERM got approved (I was on an H1b and they did the sponsoring).  Given some family obligations I would like to ideally stay in Canada for 2 years and move to the US in June of 2019.  Is there any way I can do this without jeopardizing the GC status?  From what I gather, it takes about a year to get your GC from the time you apply for I-140 and you have 6 months to move to the US from the day you get your GC- Is this accurate?   Also,  If it makes any difference, I have a property in the US, have US bank accounts, and work for a US company as mentioned earlier.  My wife and kids however are rooted to Canada.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:04 PM, JoeF said:

That falls into the ROW (Rest of world) category in the priority date matrix.

correct. So chances are I'll get my GC in the next 18 months.   Is there a way to extend the physical move to US without applying for the Commuter GC like @pontevecchio suggested?

Archived