Passport and i 94 expiring...

jay25oct

Hi

My passport will expire in Oct 2017 and I 94 will expire at the same time but I have I 797 till Sep 2019. I am applying renewal of passport in US. Few questions

1) Will CBP update I-94?

2) In case I have to cross border and come back either Mexico / Canada or any other country provide visa on arrival? particularly Canada will provide any visa on arrival as going there is easy for me.

3) is there any other option.

Appreciate responses.

Thanks!!

On 3/3/2017 at 1:37 PM, jay25oct said:

Hi

My passport will expire in Oct 2017 and I 94 will expire at the same time but I have I 797 till Sep 2019. I am applying renewal of passport in US. Few questions

1) Will CBP update I-94?

2) In case I have to cross border and come back either Mexico / Canada or any other country provide visa on arrival? particularly Canada will provide any visa on arrival as going there is easy for me.

3) is there any other option.

Appreciate responses.

Thanks!!

1. No, because it is not their mistake.

2. Mexico is better. You don't need a visa. You can just cross the border and come back.

Do you have just I-797 till Sep 2019 or US visa also till Sep 2019, because y=if you don't have visa you need to get a visa stamped before entering US.

1 hour ago, shekar11# said:

2. Mexico is better. You don't need a visa. You can just cross the border and come back.

Do you have just I-797 till Sep 2019 or US visa also till Sep 2019, because y=if you don't have visa you need to get a visa stamped before entering US.

1 hour ago, shekar11# said:

thanks for reply. My I 797 is valid until sep 2019, and recently I had stamping done in India so visa printed on my passport (which is expiring in Oct 2017) is up to Sep 2019. While travelling back to USA officer at port of entry stamped date until Oct 2017 which is expiry date of passport.

Hi

My passport will expire in March 2017 and I-94 will expire at the same time but I have I-797 till Sep 2017. Now I have already new passport with me, my employer A applied for my I-94/Visa extension with new passport but I didn't get notice receipt for USCIS.

Now I got new offer from employer B,in this case if employer B files H1B transfer after March (which is after expiration of I-94), what would be my status ?

1) Can employer B able to do H1B transfer in this case after March ?  

2) Is that fine, if I can start working with employer B, with H1b transfer notice ? 

Please share your valuable feedback 

Thanks!!

20 hours ago, jay25oct said:

thanks for reply. My I 797 is valid until sep 2019, and recently I had stamping done in India so visa printed on my passport (which is expiring in Oct 2017) is up to Sep 2019. While travelling back to USA officer at port of entry stamped date until Oct 2017 which is expiry date of passport.

Once you get your new passport, go to the Mexico border and return back. They will give you a new I-94 based on your I-797 expiry. Take your old passport also since the visa stamp is on that one. Make sure you carry all the docs as if you are attending a visa interview because while issuing I-94 they can ask you lot of questions related to employment. latest I-797 and previous I-797's, old and new passport, employment letter, client letter, pay stubs, W-2's, driver license (with current address)

12 hours ago, anonymous_11 said:

Hi

My passport will expire in March 2017 and I-94 will expire at the same time but I have I-797 till Sep 2017. Now I have already new passport with me, my employer A applied for my I-94/Visa extension with new passport but I didn't get notice receipt for USCIS.

Now I got new offer from employer B,in this case if employer B files H1B transfer after March (which is after expiration of I-94), what would be my status ?

1) Can employer B able to do H1B transfer in this case after March ?  

2) Is that fine, if I can start working with employer B, with H1b transfer notice ? 

Please share your valuable feedback 

Thanks!!

If employer A did not apply in premium ask him to do that immediately because premium service is going to stop on April 3rd.

1. I don't think they can apply for transfer after your I-94 expiry date.

2. Better wait for approval. Lot of cases where they got RFE and had to move back to previous employer. Always suggested to start working after approval.

Archived