Planning to visit Mexico for H1B stamping, Entererd USA on H4 - Please Suggest

palraj

Hi All,

Could you please share your experience/ thoughts and suggest me whether to visit Mexico for H1B Visa stamping. Please find my case in detail below

I have entered USA in January 2013 on H4 visa and got my H1B in July 2013 . From than onwards I am on H1B and also got my second extension approved in June 2016 which is valid till June 2019. I even got my I140 approved in the month of October 2016. Now I am planning to visit either Tijuana or Nogales(Mexico) for my H1B stamping as Its just 150 miles for me. My H1B is holding by a small consultancy which have around 50 employees, but I work for one of the major mobile network client through two vendors in middle.

Could you all share your valuable thoughts and suggest me based on the details on my case I shared.

Thank You

Raj 

14 hours ago, palraj said:

om than onwards I am on H1B and also got my second extension approved in June 2016 which is valid till June 2019. I even got my I140 approved in

Do you have H1 B visa  stamped,  after you have changed from H4 to H1 ? If , you do not have H1 B stamped, you are not eligible to attend for change of visa in Mexico.

As per I know , US consulate in Mexico is only handing extensions of visa , but not change of visa from H4 to H1 .

Call US consulate in Mexico to confirm before you make your plans to Mexico.

First of all Thank you for sharing your suggestions,

Actually I have my stamped H1B in 2008, but have not visited to US. But in Jan'2013 I came on H4 after than I got my H1B in the month of July 2013, from than I am on H1B till date. This is my first extension and have validity till June 2019.Even my I140 got approved in the month of Oct'2016. I have two passports(Old & new), my stamped H1B is in old passport and my stamped H4 is in new passport. So could you all provide me your suggestions based on this info provided.

Thank You

Raj

Though you had H1B stamped in 2008, your latest stamped is H4 on 2013 . After you have transferred to H1 ,  if you do not have H1 B visa stamped   ,your situation is will be still considered as H4 to H1  change of visa category . From past 3  years Mexico has stopped change of visa category. 

12 hours ago, palraj said:

First of all Thank you for sharing your suggestions,

Actually I have my stamped H1B in 2008, but have not visited to US. But in Jan'2013 I came on H4 after than I got my H1B in the month of July 2013, from than I am on H1B till date. This is my first extension and have validity till June 2019.Even my I140 got approved in the month of Oct'2016. I have two passports(Old & new), my stamped H1B is in old passport and my stamped H4 is in new passport. So could you all provide me your suggestions based on this info provided.

Thank You

Raj

You are still not eligible because your latest VISA stamp on passport is H-4. Always based on the latest stamp.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived