H1B stamping required or not? Qualified for drop box stamping

Srivinayak Murthy

Hi ,

I have my H1B visa stamped till Sep 2017. I changed my employer last year in march 2016 and have a new I797 valid till Jan 2019.

I have plans to travel to India in March and retur n in April.My current employer suggested me to go for drop box visa stamping when I visit India in March.

In the current scenario, is it preferred to go for drop box visa stamping or is it preferable to return with old valid visa stamping (till sep 2017) in Passport and latest I797 from current employer valid till 2019 without going for drop box stamping.

Questions:

Should I go for Dropbox in current scenario or

Should I return with my previous visa stamping and new I797 from current employer

Any issues that I will foresee at POE?

Possible documents to carry with me if I prefer to come back with out drop box stamping

On 2/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, Srivinayak Murthy said:

Hi ,

I have my H1B visa stamped till Sep 2017. I changed my employer last year in march 2016 and have a new I797 valid till Jan 2019.

I have plans to travel to India in March and retur n in April.My current employer suggested me to go for drop box visa stamping when I visit India in March.

In the current scenario, is it preferred to go for drop box visa stamping or is it preferable to return with old valid visa stamping (till sep 2017) in Passport and latest I797 from current employer valid till 2019 without going for drop box stamping.

Questions:

Should I go for Dropbox in current scenario or

Should I return with my previous visa stamping and new I797 from current employer

Any issues that I will foresee at POE?

Possible documents to carry with me if I prefer to come back with out drop box stamping

Go for drop box if you have 2 weeks of time. You need to carry all docs but make sure you show new I-797 at POE.

Archived