I94 Expiring

Navanish

Hello,

I have a situation with my I94 expiry.

Have a I797  and I-94 on it valid till Nov 2018 with my current employer, my visa stamp is valid till Sept 2017 with my previous employer.

Travelled India in (Feb2016) with current I797 and old visa stamp, officer updated my I-94 until Sept 2017(i.e., till Visa Stamp expiry). 

Can someone please suggest ways to get my I-94 updated until Nov 2018.

Thanks.

CBP officer gave it correctly, you need to get stamped ...  why people cant undersatand that, what ever visa stamp date you have on passport you are eligible to stay for that time and if you are in US, got new i797 still ur able to stay in the US. Once you cross the border you need visa stamp. Please dont assume that i797 is visa....desi people misleads you... check USCIS and i797 FAQ s for more info

Hi Srinivas,

Maybe I confused you with the content, let me explain.

I know I-797 is not Visa and if I cross the border after my visa expiry I need to get a new visa stamped, but my question is with I-94 expiry.

My current employer's I-797 is till Nov 2018 and my I-94 is expiring in Sept 2017(i.e., till Visa Stamp expiry). My attorney says if I-94 expires im not legal to stay in US and they will terminate from the payroll.

I am looking for a solution to update/extend my I-94 till my I-797 validity.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Navanish said:

Thanks a lot for your suggestions @pontevecchio and @JoeF . Really appreciate it.

Have another question: I-94 is given on what basis? is it based on VISA or I-797?

If I try TIJUANA cross the border and comeback, on what basis they will issue my new I-94? On my Visa Expiry or I-797?

What would you suggest if I could give TIJUANA a try?

Thanks.

based on I-797.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:46 PM, jay25oct said:

hi please let me know if you got your I-94 updated. I am in same situation. thanks

Hi Jay,

I havent got it updated, they said i need a new visa with my new employer. Only then they will be able to issue new I-94 till the visa date.

what is your situation?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Navanish said:

Hi Jay,

I havent got it updated, they said i need a new visa with my new employer. Only then they will be able to issue new I-94 till the visa date.

what is your situation?

Thanks.

Hi i am with same employer but my passport expires in oct 2017 and my visa /i 797 is valid until sep 2019. So if i need to update my i94 until sep 2019 then i think i have to cross border and come back

22 hours ago, jay25oct said:

Hi i am with same employer but my passport expires in oct 2017 and my visa /i 797 is valid until sep 2019. So if i need to update my i94 until sep 2019 then i think i have to cross border and come back

One of the attorney advised me that I-94 can be extended thru H1-B amendment if its filed due to client/location changes.  So it may be helpful to you if your amendment is in process.  But I am also checking with other sources.

12 hours ago, SRI1973 said:

One of the attorney advised me that I-94 can be extended thru H1-B amendment if its filed due to client/location changes.  So it may be helpful to you if your amendment is in process.  But I am also checking with other sources.

no I am at the same client location. and I think its not worth filling amendment to update I-94 compared to crossing border and come back.

Archived