Planning for H1B extension visa stamping through Dropbox

Rajesh G

Hi,

I am travelling to India in March 3rd week and booked appointment for H1B  extension visa stamping (including depends H4 visa.....spouse and child) through drop box option at Hyderabad office. Actually my old stamped visa expired in August 2016 and I applied for extension in the last year and my extension petition got approved only for one year(I.e., till August 2017) and am travelling to India on vacation . Now I need to get the stamped visa till August 2017 during my vacation and I will apply for extension again after coming to USA in April first week.

I work for client through Infosys limited And I have all the documents with me.

Let me know will it be any problem for my stamping ?

At POE whether officer will question as my visa will expire in August 2017 and am coming back to USA in April 1st week?

Please advice. let me know what documents will officer ask at drop box?

Please respond.

Thanks. My employer said he will apply extension after returning back to USA and that too in normal processing mode only.

does dependents also need to appear in person at drop box?

And what documents they ask for documents?

any problem will be at POE? I am planning to answer as I will return to India before my visa expiry if at all any question asks at POE about applying extension...suggestions please....

Visa through Dropbox facility is same as Visa Interview in Embassy except you don't have interview or fingerprints. After you submit your documents in VFS center, it will go to visa officer in embassy and he will approve it for stamping or call for more details.

All of the applicants need to be at the selected VFS center and they will verify each applicant by their passport. Usually they will ask for I797 copy, 2 photos of each applicant (US Photo Dimensions) and your passports. I don't think you will have an issue with your approved petition. 

Good Luck!

Archived