221g blue from in Bangalore Dropbox

samuelebe

Hi,

I am working as FTE in a Firm and had a valid I797 till 2019. While I am in USA, I have renewed my passport and got new one. I have submitted my new passport, old passport and I797 in Bangalore drop box. After 7 working days, my passport was delivered with a 221g blue form asking me to come for in person interview. All the employer related docs has been checked in the form. 

I am trying to guess what might be the reason calling for interview? is it because of new passport? or to verify the employer?

PS: my wife passport has been stamped with same petition in 2015 Feb through dropbox.

Thanks

Hi,

This could be because of the executive order : http://www.*****************.com/************** .

Even though this executive order can be interpreted as - cancellation of drop box service, the US -consulates in Inida still seem to be providing the drop box service via their website.(Which I think is increasingly confusing!).

As long as you have all your paperwork ready - you should be fine to get your visa stamped. There might be some delays in the visa stamping process. 

Best!

Guys, I have attended interview on February 21st and it went with many questions related to employer. These are the questions he asked..

Which company?

What do you do?

Tell me about your Company?

Tell me about your clients?

What clients you worked?

What is current project?

Gimme your pay-stubs? In this he asked me about "year to date" pay for which i was confused and couldn't answer properly

Gimme your I-129?

Gimme your LCA? Did you do masters in USA?

Do your company support benching?

Where is your current project client located?

Gimme company tax documents? To this i said, they have emailed you those docs.

How many employees does your company has?

Then he took 5 mins to type something in system. 
Later he said, your visa approved.

He asked me to take back my old passport and he collected new passport.

Now, waiting for my passport to get stamped. Seeing many cases where even after 40+ days of visa approval, passports not yet stamped. Fingers crossed for my case

Archived