Not worked for EB2 Sponsoring employer

Extremely Worried

Hello everyone

A little background about my case history. I worked for an employer A from 2005 to 2009 on H1B. I held the canadian permanent status also at that time. My green card process was started under EB2 category in the meantime and in 2009 i got the i-140 approval.  But soon after the i-140 approval, I had to leave US and go back home to take care of my ailing mother. The initial intention was to go I-485 route.  When I was leaving the US, I requested my employer to have the application changed to Consular processing. File was sent to NVC. In 2011, I contacted the employer regarding the process and they directed me towards the law firm to deal with the situation. I signed the agreement with the firm to process my case with full intention of re-joining the employer. In mid 2011, I moved to Canada while Green card was still in process. In early 2012, I had the immigrant visa interview in Montreal and arrived in US three months later with the full intention of re-joining the employer. After landing in US, went back to Canada for two months to wrap things up and that's when I started receiving job offers (After updating resume on Job Sites) from different companies with much more salary than what my previous employer offered. My stupidity that when I came back permanently I did not go to the sponsoring employer (they kept contacting me) and joined a new job at a much higher salary, not knowing that there was a requirement for me to still work for the sponsoring employer. Now 5 years have passed and I am worried that not working for the employer could cause a problem during the Naturalization interview. What are my options?

Archived