Does I-94 gets automatically extended along with H1 extension?

DVPK

My H1 Visa and I-94 are valid until February end 2017. My H1 extension is approved recently until December 2019 but I-797A still has the same I-94(old) number on it which is expiring on February end 2017. Does my I-94 automatically get extended along with my H1 extension? If not, do I need to apply for I-94 extension separately or travel outside US and come back? Also, if my I-94 got extended along with my H1, the I-94 validity date which is showing on the USCIS site doesn't matter?

I am in similar situation. My current I-94 valid date is till May 2017 and my H1B extension is still under processing. I would like to know, whether my I-94 valid date would be updated automatically upon H1B extended. Also do I need to travel outside US and come back with my Visa stamped.

Can someone please help on this. Thanks 

On 2/6/2017 at 5:23 PM, DVPK said:

My H1 Visa and I-94 are valid until February end 2017. My H1 extension is approved recently until December 2019 but I-797A still has the same I-94(old) number on it which is expiring on February end 2017. Does my I-94 automatically get extended along with my H1 extension? If not, do I need to apply for I-94 extension separately or travel outside US and come back? Also, if my I-94 got extended along with my H1, the I-94 validity date which is showing on the USCIS site doesn't matter?

Number should be same, you need to see what is validity period of new I94( that was attached to I797A). If it is a future date, then you are all set

Thr is no process as "I94 extension".

12 hours ago, akalivar said:

I am in similar situation. My current I-94 valid date is till May 2017 and my H1B extension is still under processing. I would like to know, whether my I-94 valid date would be updated automatically upon H1B extended. Also do I need to travel outside US and come back with my Visa stamped.

Date does not get updated automatically. But when you will receive I797A, your new I94 will be part of it and new date will be mentioned on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 0:04 PM, akalivar said:

When you get your H1 extension approved then your I-94 will also get extended but your I-94 number will remain same. 

Archived