Travel to India -feb 17 2017 -- Changed employer - Valid Visa

Ananthu

Dear All,

I'm planning for india trip from Feb 17th through March 12th  for family function.  I changed my employer November 2016 and have the new I797 Valid till October 17th 2017. I still have  visa issued from my previous employer valid till March 19th 2017(1 week from march 12). I don't need to go for stamping, i got this confirmed with my employer and also here in  murthy.com sometime in december.

Given the  current situation we are into, what are my chances to get denied at Port of Entry.. 

Please clarify. 

Thanks,

Ananth

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 10:00 PM, Ananthu said:

Dear All,

I'm planning for india trip from Feb 17th through March 12th  for family function.  I changed my employer November 2016 and have the new I797 Valid till October 17th 2017. I still have  visa issued from my previous employer valid till March 19th 2017(1 week from march 12). I don't need to go for stamping, i got this confirmed with my employer and also here in  murthy.com sometime in december.

Given the  current situation we are into, what are my chances to get denied at Port of Entry.. 

Please clarify. 

Thanks,

Ananth

Hi,

I am also planning to travel to India with my  H1b stamped visa from my previous employer valid till sept 2017. But as I have changed my employer and got new approved 797 feeling little apprehensive for the current situation at POE. Please share any information you have ASAP.

• 2 months later...

Archived