I-140 Approved, I-485 Pending over 180days, Job Changed

lkh3884

Hi all,

Wish everyone is well, I am new to this forum and would like to ask opinions / recommendations from fellow members.

Me and my wife's I-140 (PERM) had already been approved and I-485 has already pending for over 180 days. Both of our priority date are current but NSC has a backlog of 2 months behind. We would expect early April or May 17' our I-485 will be reviewed by NSC.

Due to recent acquisition of current company, possibly I might let go in next few weeks to come. Fortunately, I found another job which is similar to my current job and would utilize the AC21 to transfer over to new company. 

1.) Should I be worry or need to hire an attorney if there is anything goes wrong (RFE) before I-485 got approved?

2.) My wife and I will be moving from Illinois to Kentucky and stay in Kentucky for 30days at the temporary housing. After 30 days, we are going to search for apartment to rent. Should I start to update my new temporary address in Kentucky to USCIS Case Status once I moved and then update again to the website again after I have found a permanent place to live? I was thinking to ask USPS to hold all our mail until we found a permanent residency, do you think this is a good idea? I am worry if RFE or letter from USCIS could not reach us on time or got lost.

Thank you all!

Regards,

lkh3884

Archived