Extend I-94 for H4 visa

deepak_gc

Hi All

My wife passport is expiring on march 06 2017 and her i-94 also has same expiry date.

My h1 and her h4 visa is valid till may 31 2017. 

She has received her new passport and we want to extend her I-94. Our company lawyer will file h1 extension only in the middle of March and is not ready to file earlier. Lawyer is suggesting to file H4 extension for now so that we can request to extend I-94 beyond march 07 2017 but not sure how long will that process take.

Is there is any other solution that should try it to out to extend i-94 for her case. Also she is already 36 week pregnant and cant travel much. We are in dallas texas, so texas border is far away for travel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 11:10 PM, deepak_gc said:

Hi All

My wife passport is expiring on march 06 2017 and her i-94 also has same expiry date.

My h1 and her h4 visa is valid till may 31 2017. 

She has received her new passport and we want to extend her I-94. Our company lawyer will file h1 extension only in the middle of March and is not ready to file earlier. Lawyer is suggesting to file H4 extension for now so that we can request to extend I-94 beyond march 07 2017 but not sure how long will that process take.

Is there is any other solution that should try it to out to extend i-94 for her case. Also she is already 36 week pregnant and cant travel much. We are in dallas texas, so texas border is far away for travel.

Why can't he file the extensions earlier. You are eligible to apply 180 days ahead of your expiry date. Ask him to apply for both your extensions  in mid of Feb. Tell him that your wife is pregnant and she cannot travel. You can request him because of your wife's situation. Don't file for just H-4 extension. It will be a confusion and you will have to pay 2 times.

Archived