Final J1 waiver from USCIS

ketanadkar

23 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

oh my god! we are exactly the same. I don't have any updates. I sent several emails but no one replies. I call USCIS for more than 20 times and they say nothing in their system found to be related to my name. Did you try to do something yet? Did you call USCIS and ask them to look up your name?

I tird to call them but didn't get any useful infomation. I plan to make another call tomorrow.. But really dont know what to do now. Should we tell DOS to let them send the letter again?

17 hours ago, mao said:

I tird to call them but didn't get any useful infomation. I plan to make another call tomorrow.. But really dont know what to do now. Should we tell DOS to let them send the letter again?

I have already sent emails to DOS but no one replies. Perhaps you can write emails to them as well to let them know that lots of people have the same situations.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:40 AM, nextbig234 said:

I am on the same boat :(

I received a favorable recommendation from DoS on 20th December 2016, and they forwarded the case to USCIS. The USCIS don't have any record of my application, and it has been almost 50 days. I have not received any receipt notice from USCIS.

Any updates for @mao @qingshuiyiju @ketanadkar ?

Hey

We both have exact similar situation. I also received favorable recommendation from DoS on 20th December 2016,  & have note received any receitp from USCIS yet.

I got a reply from DOS saying that they have sent FR to USCIS on 12/20/2016 electornically & now they are not responsible for the case. Its really frustrating.. @mao @quingshuiyiju @newbig234 please keep in touch & update as soon as you get any information.

Also if anyone calls USCIS please ask what date application are they processing. I believe it really depends on the immigration officer who received your case. If he is lazy he may pile up the cases..

On 2/7/2017 at 8:10 PM, ketanadkar said:

NO updates the same old story .. :(... I am not sure what to do now.. Dipi & Scarlet have received their receipt from Vermount center on 01/19/2017 however our cases were submitted to Vermount on 12/20/2016 & still no update... not sure what needs to be done..

Did you consult a lawyer.

I actually got the notice from USCIS on February 7th, only ofter 6 days DOS sent favorable recommendation. still pending.

On 2/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

Hi everyone, I call USCIS yesterday and today but I can not manage to speak to a level 2 representative. Anybody had the chance to talk to somebody  in USCIS recently? Our cases are still not shown in USCIS system?

Any update? Has anyone got j1 waiver frim uscis for which Dos had submitted favourable reco to uscis somewhere around dec?

8 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Any update? Has anyone got j1 waiver frim uscis for which Dos had submitted favourable reco to uscis somewhere around dec?

I got the email reply from DOS today saying the same thing: my case has already been forwarded to USCIS electronically. But when I call USCIS they are still saying that I am not in their system.

I think I will write a letter to Vermont waiver review section.....

On 2/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

Hi everyone, I call USCIS yesterday and today but I can not manage to speak to a level 2 representative. Anybody had the chance to talk to somebody  in USCIS recently? Our cases are still not shown in USCIS system?

When I called them, them said them can let me speak to a high level representative but then system said I need to wait for more than 200 mins... Really don't know what to do now. One of my friend's case was forwarded to USICS less then 2 weeks ago and he has already received the receipt now.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:21 PM, mao said:

When I called them, them said them can let me speak to a high level representative but then system said I need to wait for more than 200 mins... Really don't know what to do now. One of my friend's case was forwarded to USICS less then 2 weeks ago and he has already received the receipt now.

You can just leave your phone information and hang up and two to three hours later USCIS will call you back and you can speak to a high level representative.

5 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

You can just leave your phone information and hang up and two to three hours later USCIS will call you back and you can speak to a high level representative.

Oh thanks, I'll try to call them again tomorrow. Did you manage to speak to a high level representative? 

On 2/17/2017 at 3:40 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

I got the email reply from DOS today saying the same thing: my case has already been forwarded to USCIS electronically. But when I call USCIS they are still saying that I am not in their system.

I think I will write a letter to Vermont waiver review section.....

Thats a good idea mate.. I am also thinking of writing a letter to USCIS waiver review division

On 2/23/2017 at 9:36 AM, nextbig234 said:

Department of State last week resent my Favorable recommendation to the Vermont Service Center. You should check your J1 wavier status on DoS website. 

hey how did you get DOS to resend your favourable recomendation to USCIS ? can you please share the process in detail

Hi All,

I am also on the same page. My favorable recommendation was sent on 12/20/2016 (I received a copy of it) and haven't received the 'receipt notice' Notice of Action yet. I tried contacting DOS two times (by email) but no replies yet. I tried calling USCIS, they could find my H1-B petition using my last name/birth date but could not see anything related to I-612. The agent in USCIS informed me that it may take up to four months but he asked me to confirm with DOS that they have sent it to USCIS. Can someone please answer/confirm the followings

1. Does DOS sends the recommendation to USCIS electronically? (I am concerned if there are no postal lost).

2. How do we receive the I-612 receipt (notice of action)? by email or by post. ( I may have to move out of my apartment, does USPS mail forwarding works for these mails)

Thanks   

I contacted DOS through the following channels, I am not sure which one actually helped. 

1. I emailed them many times. They got back to me only once with the same standard reply. So I'm not sure if it actually helped.

2. I wrote them a physical letter and sent it to the wavier review division of DOS.

3. I presented my case to  my local congresswoman, and she contacted both DOS and USCIS on my behalf. She got back to me, and informed me that "DOS has resent my letter to the VSC, and VSC confirmed that they have received it this time". On the same day my J1 wavier status updated on DOS website. So I guess most likely this helped.

I received I-797C receipt notice today.  

Good luck !! 

13 hours ago, nextbig234 said:

I contacted DOS through the following channels, I am not sure which one actually helped. 

1. I emailed them many times. They got back to me only once with the same standard reply. So I'm not sure if it actually helped.

2. I wrote them a physical letter and sent it to the wavier review division of DOS.

3. I presented my case to  my local congresswoman, and she contacted both DOS and USCIS on my behalf. She got back to me, and informed me that "DOS has resent my letter to the VSC, and VSC confirmed that they have received it this time". On the same day my J1 wavier status updated on DOS website. So I guess most likely this helped.

I received I-797C receipt notice today.  

Good luck !! 

Thanks for sharing. I will give a try for all three

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Scarlet85 said:

Anyone got the final waiver from USCIS? I am very worried because my visa will expire in 2 months and I cannot adjust my status to permanent resident without it! 

@scarlet85 did you file for wavier under "no objection"? If yes, then you can file I-485 with the I-797C receipt notice that you obtained from USCIS for your pending I-612.

4 hours ago, nextbig234 said:

@scarlet85 did you file for wavier under "no objection"? If yes, then you can file I-485 with the I-797C receipt notice that you obtained from USCIS for your pending I-612.

yes, I know it but my case is more complicated because of my husband's visa and business and my lawyer suggested me not to file I-485 before I have the final waiver. If I file it now and I get RFE for the missing waiver and I don't receive it  in time then my I485 will be rejected and my husband may have big problems... and I will have to leave USA immediately.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived