Clarification on GC With L1A, EB1 category

nsb540

Hi,

I am recently(1 month) joined my US company on L1A - Managerial position and i am alone relocated to US. Now my company planning to apply for GC on EB1 stage. Could you please clarify the below queries.

1. Would there be any issue if i apply within 3 months? is there any rule or duration that i can apply for GC being on L1A

2. Since i traveled alone, should i apply GC only for me and then apply for change of status to my family?

3. Is it better to apply for GC all together with family, As they would be joining me around August.

4. Out of 2 & 3 which option is better, apply GC for main applicant or apply it along with family. 

On 1/29/2017 at 3:30 AM, nsb540 said:

Hi,

I am recently(1 month) joined my US company on L1A - Managerial position and i am alone relocated to US. Now my company planning to apply for GC on EB1 stage. Could you please clarify the below queries.

1. Would there be any issue if i apply within 3 months? is there any rule or duration that i can apply for GC being on L1A

2. Since i traveled alone, should i apply GC only for me and then apply for change of status to my family?

3. Is it better to apply for GC all together with family, As they would be joining me around August.

4. Out of 2 & 3 which option is better, apply GC for main applicant or apply it along with family. 

Could someone in the forum help to clarify my queries listed above?

1. No Issue and also the company applies and not you. It is usually possible to file for EB1C for a person in L1A status provoded he meets the requirements.

2. When the company applies for you, the forms mention your family details.

3. See 2.

4. Family always gets mentioned in your application. Give your firms Lawyer a call and discuss the matter to make sure your GC will not be approved before the family can come over in L2 status and then apply for AOS on approval.

Archived