EAD renewal - Pending I485

sravikumar

Hi,

I filed my EAD renewal with receipt date of Oct 28th 2016 and my current EAD expires by Feb 16th 2017. I called USCIS but they don't have any more updates other than online processing times displayed and my case status. I have raised a service request, that as well they are mentioning it will take 15-30 days to hear something. I'm concerned that if I do not get my EAD on time, then I have to stop working which will create issues at my employer end as well. I'm open for suggestions/tips. I believe I read an immigration news article where they had mentioned that if the renewal was filed before hand and uscis delayed processing in case of pending 485 we may be able to continue working without the break? Is that true and bill was passed? Or it was just proposed? Any suggestions

I'm in a similar situation but heard from the lawyer this morning that the rule applies to everyone, including folks that applied before January 17th. So your EAD is valid for 180 days after expiration date. You can continue to work until then, and hopefully you will get your new card before then anyway.

Good luck!

Archived