Successful H1B visa stamping Matamoros Jan 18th

Maddy2017

Hi folks,

wanted to share my successful H1b visa stamping in Matamoros on Jan 18th and give as many details and info as I can. 

There were 9 people attending interview and all of them got their visa approved. 

My interview was very simple asking if I was working for same employer , employer location, my salary and my role. 

There were 6 counters and here is what I have noticied

counter 1: male VO. Asking very basic questions (3-4 max) about employer , role, salary. 

Counter 2: male, little bit older VO. He is super relaxed and asks only 4 questions. Employer name, still working for same employer? Salary , ur job title  

counter 4: male with French beard  

he is also very easy and asking pretty much same questions as listed above  may be one more if u have done masters, if so where and what is ur major in masters or bachelors.   

counter 6: lady, she is little tough one as she asks lots of questions 

what is ur title and describe ur role and responsibilities, what is ur major in masters and how is it related to ur work. Also asks about what language do u use for ur programming code and if ur major is not computer science be prepared to show some subject in ur transcript showing u have some computers related course to convince that you have some programming background in masters  

Show me ur masters degree and transcript. 

What is ur pay?

where do u work and where is ur employer location.

Counter 7 or 8: it is also easy counter. Pretty much same questions as counter 1/2/4

Your passport will be ready by 3:00 pm on same day. However for Jan 19th interview date passports were ready by 1:30 pm. But be prepared for worst case scenario for visa not ready on same day due to printer issue. It happens in rare cases but in that case it will be ready the next day. Don't worry but be prepared accordingly. 

Border crossing:

once u pick the passport by 3:10 pm u go directly to border bridge and enter the line and submit ur passport and wait in a waiting room until immigration officer calls u. You might have to wait for min of 60 mins to 3 hours depending on number of people waiting in that room. 

Port of entry officer questions:

1) who is ur employer

2) give me ur us address proof ( make sure to take one address proof like utility bill or phone bill, if ur license has ur current address ur port of entry will be much easier as he won't ask LOT of questions. 

3) give me ur employer letter. Make sure to have end date as ur h1b expiration date on employer letter this is MUST. 

4) be prepared for questions on masters degree and ur role and how is it related to ur job. 

5) they are not focusing a lot on client letter but be prepared just in case. 

6) make sure u have $6 exact change to get paper I-94. No online I-94 for this border cross. 

Used Salvador services and stayed at his hotel (best western). Very nice person and very humble, helpful and responsible. I recommend to use his hotel and services. They also have mini restaurant in the hotel and is ok for non veg folks. Veg folks they have limited options, so try to get some snacks as u might need them in case u don't like veg food over there. 

I hope this detailed ailed review will help someone looking for the info. 

Also I don't recommend to get Mexican visa as it's $36 and have to go to embassy and waste ur time. I would suggest to get 7 day permit while crossing us and entering Mexico as it's cheaper (only $25) and no advance work/documentation required. 

Archived