B2 Visa - Interview Waiver?

Hello

My parents have B2 visa and its expiring this month. I applied for extension from US Consulate in Hyderabad, India.

When I was booking appt, system asked some questions and mentioned they were eligible for "Interview Waiver". And we took an appointment with OFC location in Hyd for a Sunday.  They were not 10 printed before. So, I am assuming this is for fingerprints and photo.

My questions:

1. After fingerprints and photo, should they give the passports and all the supporting documents (sent by me too) to the same staff? I did not see any dropbox thing in their appointment email. So, want to confirm this.
  2. Also, how many days would the processing be in general?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, pd0511 said:

Hello

My parents have B2 visa and its expiring this month. I applied for extension from US Consulate in Hyderabad, India.

When I was booking appt, system asked some questions and mentioned they were eligible for "Interview Waiver". And we took an appointment with OFC location in Hyd for a Sunday.  They were not 10 printed before. So, I am assuming this is for fingerprints and photo.

My questions:

1. After fingerprints and photo, should they give the passports and all the supporting documents (sent by me too) to the same staff? I did not see any dropbox thing in their appointment email. So, want to confirm this.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

1. Yes, the staff will ask for the necessary docs.

2. Minimum of 7 business days, sometimes can take up to 2 weeks.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, pd0511 said:

Hello

My questions:

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Hi - 

I'm in a similar situation as you, my mothers B2 is expiring this year in June 2017. I wanted to get a head start and apply now. Can you please send me how your experience was and the list of documents you sent for their visa? 

Thank you.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:31 PM, Morehill said:

Hi - 

I'm in a similar situation as you, my mothers B2 is expiring this year in June 2017. I wanted to get a head start and apply now. Can you please send me how your experience was and the list of documents you sent for their visa? 

Thank you.

They have appt on Feb 5th. I will update this post after that. This is the list of documents they are taking.

Parents: Original Passports, Passport ID and Visa page copies, Affidavit showing properties in India and pledging to come back to India, DS-160 confirmations, Interview Appointment Letter, Visa fee receipt

From me: My passport ID/US visa/I-797/I-94 copies, paystubs, employment verification letter, W2s, Tax return forms, Cover Letter, I-134

Archived