Job change, on H1, EB1C I-140/I-485 pending for 7 months

Hi, I have been working for my employer for last 8 years out of which 1.5 years in India and 6.5 years in the US on H1B. In May 2016, they submitted my concurrent application for EB1C I-140/I-485 both of which are pending and looks like they will be for at least 3-4 months from now when a decision can be expected. 

There are some issues with projects and my employer might ask me to move back to their India office.

I certainly want to avoid this situation and change employer if I have to do so. My questions are with respect to AC21 rule when I-485 is pending for more than 180 days:

1. Is this rule applicable even if I-140 is pending (this was a concurrent filing and hence both I-140 & I-485 are pending; fingerprinting has been done).

2. If I find an employer who is offering me same or similar job with a comparable salary, can I switch job to them and still continue with the ongoing EB1C GC process?

3. If my current employer tries to revoke my I-140 after I quit, is there anything I can do to keep the application alive?

4. What will happen to the 'intent' part of the GC application process? At the time of filing, my existing employer definitely showed the intent but with them asking to move back to India and/or me switching jobs, the intent will not still hold good.

5. Lastly, in case the answer to question 1 is yes, what would be the procedure to use AC21 in this case.

I would really appreciate your responses and guidance on this matter.

thanks

kas

Archived