Sponsor FB GC for parents with pre-existing medical condition

Hi,

I am planning to sponsor FB GC for my parents as soon as I become US Citizen, my question is my mother is suffering from Leukemia which is a non communicable decease, will that be an issue for her clearing the medical exam for GC application. I read through what USCIS is looking for in the medical exam and could conclude that they are looking for any communicable decease and Leukemia should not be an issue.

Please confirm/rebuke my understanding about her ability to clear the medical exam for GC.

Am also looking for thoughts and advise from folks who might have any idea around cancer care for non-resident parents in US, I understand this is not the right forum but asking just in case.

Thanks for all your responses.

Regards,

Shandan

Leukemia will not bar her from migrating. You have some very hard choices. You will know in the months to come whether the new great hope of the world has agreed to eliminate Obama Care. You will do well to discuss her situation with her Oncologist in India as the first step as to the natural progression of her condition . Your issue will be paying for her medical care here. I wish her all the best.

Thanks @pontevecchio your response, advise and kind words are much appreciated.

I too have been following the news and ever changing political climate and impact on policy. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best case scenario. I just want to prepare as best I can, if the star do lineup in my favor and I am able to get her into treatment in US.

Treatment protocols by themselves are not that expensive compared to the monthly premium even with Obamacare. The thing which is expensive is longer term intensive hospital care for whatever reason. There has been a lot of progress in the field of leukemia. Discuss her situation with the oncologist and have an intensive look at the specific diagnosis in GOOGLE. Remissions even long term are increasingly known depending on the type of Leukemia involved. It may not mean she cannot travel once an year to India for tests and treatment where necessary.

Archived