Family-Based Green Card Cases

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding family-based green card cases.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hello

My case filed under F3 category. My priority date is April 15th 2005.

Can you advise how far in advance I can request interview at London US  embassy?

If you can also let me know how long the whole process would actually take AFTER interview and medical is scheduled

Finally- need more information if you assist with applying for Re-entry permits

Thanks

Hi,

I am from south korea and have a priority date of 07feb2011 in a f2b category. I recently applied for aos based on dates for filing. I have completed the biometrics but not yet received an interview schedule. My questions are will my aos only be approved after the final action date reaches my prority date or could it be approved before the final action date reaches my priority date. Also do you think that the f2b category will keep moving forward by a month or could it nove faster or slower til my priority date(currently 8 months left based on january 2017 visa bulletin)? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My Father (Green Card Holder), Applied for Myself and my Brother FB2 Category. Priority Date: Nov 2011.
He got his green card in Apr. 2011.

My Questions:
1) If he applies for Citizenship, how will that effect our category ?
2) How much movement do you see in FB2 this year ?
3) Can there be joint sponsership for Myself and my Brother from a friend, who is a US Citizen ?
4) Can we file for AOS while being outside US ?

Thank you.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:48 AM, hari365 said:

Hello

My case filed under F3 category. My priority date is April 15th 2005.

Can you advise how far in advance I can request interview at London US  embassy?

If you can also let me know how long the whole process would actually take AFTER interview and medical is scheduled

Finally- need more information if you assist with applying for Re-entry permits

Thanks

To fully answer your question I will need more information. Therefore it may be best to schedule a call to speak with one of our attorneys. Regarding the Re-Entry Permit, yes, we can assist clients with these applications. 

On 12/30/2016 at 10:24 AM, Sung11 said:

Hi,

I am from south korea and have a priority date of 07feb2011 in a f2b category. I recently applied for aos based on dates for filing. I have completed the biometrics but not yet received an interview schedule. My questions are will my aos only be approved after the final action date reaches my prority date or could it be approved before the final action date reaches my priority date. Also do you think that the f2b category will keep moving forward by a month or could it nove faster or slower til my priority date(currently 8 months left based on january 2017 visa bulletin)? Thank you.

Unfortunately, you cannot receive your green card based on the F2B category until your priority date is current in Section A, Final Action Dates. 

12 hours ago, GouravS said:

Hi,

My Father (Green Card Holder), Applied for Myself and my Brother FB2 Category. Priority Date: Nov 2011.
He got his green card in Apr. 2011.

My Questions:
1) If he applies for Citizenship, how will that effect our category ?
2) How much movement do you see in FB2 this year ?
3) Can there be joint sponsership for Myself and my Brother from a friend, who is a US Citizen ?
4) Can we file for AOS while being outside US ?

Thank you.

Due to the complexity of your case specific questions, it is advisable to call our office to schedule a time to speak with one of our attorneys. 

Archived