Initial OPT denied

teju2466

Hi, My initial got denied and filed I290B MTR. please let me know how long it will take for the decision on MTR. The following is my scenario

1. I Got visa on A univ and did initial transfer to B univ with in 30 days of initial admission to usa.

2. I applied for Opt and got and an RFE on Initial transfer. I have traveled to India couple of times during masters.

3. I have approached a lawyer and  he unnecessarily applied  I539 reinstatement along with OPT RFE and also said that I am technically out of status. He did not defend about my status and also about my initial transfer with in 30 days as per sevis guideline. 

4. Finally got denial notice. Then I approached a different lawyer and filed MTR on 16th NOV with proper evidences and letters from universities about my initial transfer and enrollment as a full time students, travel history. Also mention about Non necessity of I539 as I maintained proper status.

5. Chances for MTR approval.

The immediate transfer is a big red flag. Why did you transfer?

Also, OPT requires that you have been attending college full time for one full academic year, and you are in good standing. You say you applied for OPT on initial transfer. That doesn't make sense. Or did you do CPT at one of the fraud universities out there?

You didn't answer my question about why you transferred immediately. You should have gotten an F1 for the new university.

This immediate transfer stuff was/is the modus operandi of shady "universities." People know they wouldn't get a visa for a shady institution, so they apply at a real one, get an F1, and then immediately transfer to the bad institution.

Archived