Current vs. Future Employment in PERM

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding current vs. future employment in the PERM process.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hello,

I have finished my 6 years on H1 and I140 approved (2 years ago) with my current employer A. I also have a H1 renewal in process with them. 

Now I got a good offer and want to join new employer B. 

1. Is it safe to change employer considering H1 extension is not yet approved? OR I should put current H1 to premium processing, have it approved and then change employer.
  2. Is it safe to join new employer on H1-B receipt?
  3. Will my current employer-A get to know about my this new H1-B processing (if my future employer initiates)? I want to take experience letter after resigning them as people do run into issue during GC process without experience letter.
  4. I should do this after JAN- 17-2017 so that my current employer won't be able to revoke my I140, correct? 
  5. My current designation is "Programmer Analyst" with employer - A, is it important to keep designation same when i join employer - B for I-140? Or doesn't matter anymore? 

Thanks,

Mayank

Archived