john2016

J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Dipi

I have not received the receipt number from USCIS .. which is the scary part. DOS said they electronically have sent the favorable recommendation to USCIS. :(. Am not sure what should I do now.

Did you receive email replies from DOS? They confirmed that they sent the recommendation successfully?

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

I just want to know whether my case was received by USCIS or not... My favorable recommendation was sent on 12/21/2016, but I have not received anything from USCIS. I don't know my receipt number so I can not track online. I call USCIS and they can not find any cases related to my name. I am really anxious now. Can you provide me the first 7 or 8 digits of one receipt number so that I can see what's going on by changing the last several digits...

 

The USCIS dont show names when you put the receipt number, I guess you have to receive a number in order to see how your process is going, because looking in other namber and only changing dosent help, just say that they received or they approved, several cases that i chaged the number said that they are approved, but I am assuming that is old cases. would be nice if someone tell us if they got approved so we could se the numbers. EAC17073500** take this as a base. If they sent a electronic letter, USCIS sould have received, ask DOS to send it again, and idk if you have a laywer, would be good to ask one too what you should do.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

Did you receive email replies from DOS? They confirmed that they sent the recommendation successfully?

they sent me a copy of the letter that they sent to USCIS, got home like a week after USCIS received. so I have a letter form DOS that they sent to USCIS, and got a letter from USCIS saying that they received a letter from DOS. Waiting on final result. Apperently by what I was looking online, if DOS did a favorable recomendation, you must likely will be approved by USCIS. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Dipi

I have not received the receipt number from USCIS .. which is the scary part. DOS said they electronically have sent the favorable recommendation to USCIS. :(. Am not sure what should I do now.

If DOS does not reply and USCIS continue to say that they do not have your case maybe you can try to send the copy of the favorable recommendation to USCIS Vermount and a letter stating that you did not receive  the receipt notice from them. Eventually you can ask then to contact DOS if they cannot find the recommendation. This is the only thing I can think.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Scarlet85 said:

If DOS does not reply and USCIS continue to say that they do not have your case maybe you can try to send the copy of the favorable recommendation to USCIS Vermount and a letter stating that you did not receive  the receipt notice from them. Eventually you can ask then to contact DOS if they cannot find the recommendation. This is the only thing I can think.

yeah, thank you. If things get worse I will consider write a letter to Vermont.

I really feel bad at this moment.......

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, DiPi said:

The USCIS dont show names when you put the receipt number, I guess you have to receive a number in order to see how your process is going, because looking in other namber and only changing dosent help, just say that they received or they approved, several cases that i chaged the number said that they are approved, but I am assuming that is old cases. would be nice if someone tell us if they got approved so we could se the numbers. EAC17073500** take this as a base. If they sent a electronic letter, USCIS sould have received, ask DOS to send it again, and idk if you have a laywer, would be good to ask one too what you should do.

Thanks Dipi. I change several digits of that receipt number but nothing valuable found. Heart sunk.....

Share this post


Link to post

so I just received the receipt notice and online I found that my case has been received from another uscis office. This may be the reason why some people cannot find their case: maybe you are contacting the wrong office. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/10/2017 at 6:13 PM, Scarlet85 said:

so I just received the receipt notice and online I found that my case has been received from another uscis office. This may be the reason why some people cannot find their case: maybe you are contacting the wrong office. 

 

which one did your papers went to? when they said received from another office they mean, from DOS to USCIS. not that was on one location of the USCIS and when to another.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DiPi said:

which one did your papers went to? when they said received from another office they mean, from DOS to USCIS. not that was on one location of the USCIS and when to another.

you are right...it's just confusing what they write : "Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office". Anyway it's the Vermont one!

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2017 at 11:10 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

Thanks Dipi. I change several digits of that receipt number but nothing valuable found. Heart sunk.....

Did you received anything else, hows your proccess?

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/10/2017 at 6:17 AM, DiPi said:

Did you received anything else, hows your proccess?

 

I received the receipt notice yesterday, dated March 3. Finally!

Share this post


Link to post
I'm on my second J1 visa and I didn't receive any type of scholarship for it so I came to the US with my own funds in December 2016. Before applying for this J1 visa (internship program to work at an American engineering company until December 2017) my currently sponsor explained that it was unusual for interns to be subject to the 2 years home residence. Based on this information I took the risk of applying for a second J1 even having my wedding scheduled to march 2017 with my fiance that is a US citizen. Now I realized how my immigration situation got complicated since I can't apply for the green card how me and my husband planned because I'm subjected to the 212e rule again.
 
In addition I had my first J1 visa using a scholarship from the Brazilian Government back in June 2014-August 2015 to take engineering classes at the University of Miami. This specific scholarship requires the students to go back to Brazil and accomplish one year home residence before immigrating or studying abroad again. I lived in Brazil for one year and 4 months after finishing my first J1 program then I moved back to the US, with my second J1 visa that I mentioned above, in December 2016. The responsible by my scholarship produced documents proving that I already finished my home residence (1 year) and any other obligations with the Brazilian scholarship. The consulate of Brazil already confirmed that they will emit the no-objection letter as soon as I start my waiver application. My currently sponsor also provided a letter confirming that I never used any government financial support for my second J1. My employer can also produce a letter explaining that they will offer me a full time position if I waiver the 212 e rule and if I get the residence documents since my husband is a US citizen.
 
The responsible for my scholarship for my first J1 confirmed that they had students who successfully got the waiver after staying in Brazil for just one year (time required for Brazil) but they recommended me to look for an attorney support since my case involves one additional J1 visa. I couldn't find a lowyer who has experience with a case involving one J1 with scholarship and one without it. I tried to complete the DS3035 on my own to start the waiver application but they have questions as "did you have a scholarship?" what I can't answer with "yes/no" because I had both cases. 
 
I'm sorry for the long explanation, I really need to find someone with more informations about waivers involving multiple J1 visas andor confirm if the 9 months that I have left on my J1 is enough to receive the waiver and to get to the point of the green card process when I can get permission to stay legally at the US. One last concern is that I want to get the permission to travel to Brazil by march 2018 (1 year from now) to finish the 4 months that I have left on school there to receive my degree as an engineer. 
 
The waiver and green card process is our best option since I already have work/study experience at the US and my husband already has his own company here. It would be much more complicated for him to move to Brazil than for me to stay here. He already visited Brazil few times to see me but moving there is a change that he can't consider right now due to cultural and economic reasons. 
 
I really appreciate all information or attorney contacts. 
 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello guys, s today 03/20 I received the approved letter from USCIS, they approved on the 03/14 and I got the mail today. They didn't change the status on their webpage. 

Good luck everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/12/2017 at 7:56 PM, Karine said:
I'm on my second J1 visa and I didn't receive any type of scholarship for it so I came to the US with my own funds in December 2016. Before applying for this J1 visa (internship program to work at an American engineering company until December 2017) my currently sponsor explained that it was unusual for interns to be subject to the 2 years home residence. Based on this information I took the risk of applying for a second J1 even having my wedding scheduled to march 2017 with my fiance that is a US citizen. Now I realized how my immigration situation got complicated since I can't apply for the green card how me and my husband planned because I'm subjected to the 212e rule again.
 
In addition I had my first J1 visa using a scholarship from the Brazilian Government back in June 2014-August 2015 to take engineering classes at the University of Miami. This specific scholarship requires the students to go back to Brazil and accomplish one year home residence before immigrating or studying abroad again. I lived in Brazil for one year and 4 months after finishing my first J1 program then I moved back to the US, with my second J1 visa that I mentioned above, in December 2016. The responsible by my scholarship produced documents proving that I already finished my home residence (1 year) and any other obligations with the Brazilian scholarship. The consulate of Brazil already confirmed that they will emit the no-objection letter as soon as I start my waiver application. My currently sponsor also provided a letter confirming that I never used any government financial support for my second J1. My employer can also produce a letter explaining that they will offer me a full time position if I waiver the 212 e rule and if I get the residence documents since my husband is a US citizen.
 
The responsible for my scholarship for my first J1 confirmed that they had students who successfully got the waiver after staying in Brazil for just one year (time required for Brazil) but they recommended me to look for an attorney support since my case involves one additional J1 visa. I couldn't find a lowyer who has experience with a case involving one J1 with scholarship and one without it. I tried to complete the DS3035 on my own to start the waiver application but they have questions as "did you have a scholarship?" what I can't answer with "yes/no" because I had both cases. 
 
I'm sorry for the long explanation, I really need to find someone with more informations about waivers involving multiple J1 visas andor confirm if the 9 months that I have left on my J1 is enough to receive the waiver and to get to the point of the green card process when I can get permission to stay legally at the US. One last concern is that I want to get the permission to travel to Brazil by march 2018 (1 year from now) to finish the 4 months that I have left on school there to receive my degree as an engineer. 
 
The waiver and green card process is our best option since I already have work/study experience at the US and my husband already has his own company here. It would be much more complicated for him to move to Brazil than for me to stay here. He already visited Brazil few times to see me but moving there is a change that he can't consider right now due to cultural and economic reasons. 
 
I really appreciate all information or attorney contacts. 
 
 

Not many lawers know about the waiver, you get do your research to find one, the laywer that I spoke with did a case for one person but was different of mine. So go online and look for someone. Acabou que fiz o meu sozinho, e deu tudo certo acabei de receber minha aprovacao, agora seu caso e um pouco mais complicado, mais tenho certeza que jaja consequira resolvelo, meu processo tomou 4 meses e meio.

Boa sorte.

Share this post


Link to post

My case is almost the same as yours Dipi. I am still waiting for the USCIS to give the approval of my waiver. They received it jan26 but until now no reply from them except that they have received it. I've been calling them almost everyday. I even applied for an expedite but only asked me to send docs to support my claim. After I sent them, nothing happened. It has been past 2 months already since they received it. Do I have to wait for that approval before I can apply for an H1B? I will be expiring june 30.

Share this post


Link to post

My second question is can i not be sponsored by the school district if I they have a contract with my present sponsor that the school cannot assist me in changing visa? do I need to find another school district to sponsor me? my present school district is hesitant to sponsor me because of that contract. they might end up in a lawsuit but they are willing to sponsor both of us, me and my wife.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2017 at 2:01 PM, nezre said:

My case is almost the same as yours Dipi. I am still waiting for the USCIS to give the approval of my waiver. They received it jan26 but until now no reply from them except that they have received it. I've been calling them almost everyday. I even applied for an expedite but only asked me to send docs to support my claim. After I sent them, nothing happened. It has been past 2 months already since they received it. Do I have to wait for that approval before I can apply for an H1B? I will be expiring june 30.

 

do some research online and see what you can do. On my case was 3 options: aply for the waiver first, apply for the freen card first or both together,  lawyers advice me to apply for the waiver first,the other said no apply to the fgreen card first cus they may not even ask for the waiver, but i should not had listen to the first lawyer, my waiver got here and now I'm late with my green card. I need to leave the country soon for a wedding, hopefuly I can make it on time. and after I reaserach online, I saw that some people apply together or to the waiver first. Now about the sponsor I don't know nothing about, but as I said, do some research and get some cases as backgroud.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, DiPi said:

do some research online and see what you can do. On my case was 3 options: aply for the waiver first, apply for the freen card first or both together,  lawyers advice me to apply for the waiver first,the other said no apply to the fgreen card first cus they may not even ask for the waiver, but i should not had listen to the first lawyer, my waiver got here and now I'm late with my green card. I need to leave the country soon for a wedding, hopefuly I can make it on time. and after I reaserach online, I saw that some people apply together or to the waiver first. Now about the sponsor I don't know nothing about, but as I said, do some research and get some cases as backgroud.

I have the opposit problem....got approval for i-140 (3 months) but waiver still pending (more than 7months)....two months left with my visa then I'll have to leave the country if I do not receive the waiver :-(

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

After senting the waiver application to the department of state, how long usually takes for them to update application details at the DOS website ? By postal tracking I could see they recived my application on April  5, 2017, but I am still not able to check the status at the DOS website... it shows as an inexistent case number. My government consulate also sent the no objection letter on April 5th so I wanted to make sure that all my documents arrived...

 

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Karine said:

Hi,

After senting the waiver application to the department of state, how long usually takes for them to update application details at the DOS website ? By postal tracking I could see they recived my application on April  5, 2017, but I am still not able to check the status at the DOS website... it shows as an inexistent case number. My government consulate also sent the no objection letter on April 5th so I wanted to make sure that all my documents arrived...

 

thanks

 

Hi Karine,
I sent my application in September 9th and received a letter from DOS in September 22nd with a new case number, then also the website was updated but before that it did not work. When my embassy sent the NOS, I sent an email to the waiver division and it took a couple of weeks to see the NOS in DOS website.

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now