J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION

john2016

Hi All,

Initially, my study was funded by my government and i had obligation to return. I paid the money that I received from my government, and I applied for J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION basis. DOS web says it will take 6-8 weeks to process the NO OBJECTION based waiver. However, in my case it has been 8 weeks since NOL from my embassy is received by DOS, and the status still says "PENDING".  Is it normal to take more than 8 weeks for NO OBJECTION based waiver ?  Please share your experiences. 

Item    Action    Date
Fee    Received    October, 05 2016
Form DS-3035    Received    October, 05 2016
Form DS-2019    Received    October, 05 2016
Passport Data Page    Received    October, 05 2016
Statement Of Reason    Received    October, 05 2016
No Objection Statement    Received    September, 22 2016

Regards,

John.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2016 at 1:36 AM, john2016 said:

Hi All,

Initially, my study was funded by my government and i had obligation to return. I paid the money that I received from my government, and I applied for J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION basis. DOS web says it will take 6-8 weeks to process the NO OBJECTION based waiver. However, in my case it has been 8 weeks since NOL from my embassy is received by DOS, and the status still says "PENDING".  Is it normal to take more than 8 weeks for NO OBJECTION based waiver ?  Please share your experiences. 

Item    Action    Date
Fee    Received    October, 05 2016
Form DS-3035    Received    October, 05 2016
Form DS-2019    Received    October, 05 2016
Passport Data Page    Received    October, 05 2016
Statement Of Reason    Received    October, 05 2016
No Objection Statement    Received    September, 22 2016

Regards,

John.

John, mine took 8 weeks sharp. And they sent it to USCIS on jan 17, they received it on jan 19. Now I'm waiting to see when I'll get approved.

What have been your time line, 

this is mine so far

Sent my application out on november 1 

Fee    Received   November 10
Form DS-3035    Received    November 10
Form DS-2019    Received    November 10
Passport Data Page    Received    November 10
Statement Of Reason    Received    November 10
No Objection Statement    Received    November 17

Favorable Recommendation sent january 11

USCIS received january 19

letter open case with USCIS received january(at home) 23

Does anyone knows what is the waiting time after they receive the favorable recommedation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 6:12 PM, DiPi said:

this is mine so far

Does anyone knows what is the waiting time after they receive the favorable recommedation.

Hi have the same timeline: all my documents have been received by Nov 17 but I did not receive any response from DOS: I contacted them a couple of times and they said that they process cases as they are received. So frustrating

4 hours ago, Scarlet85 said:

Hi have the same timeline: all my documents have been received by Nov 17 but I did not receive any response from DOS: I contacted them a couple of times and they said that they process cases as they are received. So frustrating

Hi Scarlet

In my case DOS has sent an favorable recomendation from DOS to USCIS on 12/20/2016 however I have not got the receipt as well from USCIS for my J1 waiver case. Mine is based on no objection. Did you receive the receipt from USCIS ?

All

Can someone help me out here on how shall I follow up with USCIS to get update on my case ? Its been really frustrating.

On 1/23/2017 at 6:12 PM, DiPi said:

this is mine so far

Dipi

how do you know that USCIS received your case on January 19 ? did you get a letter or did you called them ?

14 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hi Scarlet

In my case DOS has sent an favorable recomendation from DOS to USCIS on 12/20/2016 however I have not got the receipt as well from USCIS for my J1 waiver case. Mine is based on no objection. Did you receive the receipt from USCIS ?

All

Can someone help me out here on how shall I follow up with USCIS to get update on my case ? Its been really frustrating.

Some people had the same problem and they found the solution calling USCIS: just say you have filed I-612 (even if you did not but that's actually the waiver!) and your name but you do not have a receipt number, then they should tell you the number and if not maybe they did not actually receive the recommendation from DOS or they lost it (but usually they do not). If this is the case contact DOS again and ask to send the recommendation again. Anyway I am not a lawyer so get this just as a suggestion. 

Btw I just got favorable recommendation from DOS today...finally!

Good luck!

9 hours ago, Scarlet85 said:

Some people had the same problem and they found the solution calling USCIS: just say you have filed I-612 (even if you did not but that's actually the waiver!) and your name but you do not have a receipt number, then they should tell you the number and if not maybe they did not actually receive the recommendation from DOS or they lost it (but usually they do not). If this is the case contact DOS again and ask to send the recommendation again. Anyway I am not a lawyer so get this just as a suggestion. 

Btw I just got favorable recommendation from DOS today...finally!

Good luck!

Congratulation Scarlet for getting the favourable recomendation from DOS. I hope you get the receipt from USCIS asap... let us know once you get it... I called USCIS to get the receipt however they keep on saying that my data is not in the system :(...

15 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Congratulation Scarlet for getting the favourable recomendation from DOS. I hope you get the receipt from USCIS asap... let us know once you get it... I called USCIS to get the receipt however they keep on saying that my data is not in the system :(...

Thanks. Sorry for your situation. I had the same issue with DOS...they said they did not receive my application and then the NOS but then everything magically appeared in the system online. I have the feeling that when you ask to USCIS and DOS they simply check it online (which is something that we can also do!) and they have all the documents somewhere but they are simply late. If you don't see anything for long time contact DOS and ask to send the recommendation again or ask to a lawyer if there is something you can do to speed up your process. Good luck

6 hours ago, Scarlet85 said:

Thanks. Sorry for your situation. I had the same issue with DOS...they said they did not receive my application and then the NOS but then everything magically appeared in the system online. I have the feeling that when you ask to USCIS and DOS they simply check it online (which is something that we can also do!) and they have all the documents somewhere but they are simply late. If you don't see anything for long time contact DOS and ask to send the recommendation again or ask to a lawyer if there is something you can do to speed up your process. Good luck

Thanks Scarlet for the kind words. I have written to DOS & asked them to provide me the tracking number for the reco sent to USCIS however havent heard from them. How did you follow up with DOS , is there any number you called ?

17 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Thanks Scarlet for the kind words. I have written to DOS & asked them to provide me the tracking number for the reco sent to USCIS however havent heard from them. How did you follow up with DOS , is there any number you called ?

Unfortunately there isn't any number to call. I just contacted them by email but sometimes they do not reply so the trick is to send multiples emails, then they reply. In the email add all the following info together with your question:

•            Case number 
•            Last name 
•            First name
•            Date of birth 
•            Basis under which you are applying for a waiver

Otherwise use the mail address to send a letter...it seems that they are more old style!

On 2/1/2017 at 7:41 PM, ketanadkar said:

Dipi

how do you know that USCIS received your case on January 19 ? did you get a letter or did you called them ?

Yes, i received a letter by mail, that they received the application for i-612 on the 01/17 and sent me the letter with my case number on the 01/19

You can call them in vermont, give them your name and say that you appplyed for the I-612, that way they can find your case, but pretty much on the same day that they receive a letter they send a confirmation letter to your address on file, and DOS also send you a copy of the letter that they send to USCIS saying that your favorable to the waiver of 2 years.

4 hours ago, Scarlet85 said:

and what's the status on "myUSCIS" website when you type your case number?

On January 19, 2017, we received your Form I-612, Application to Waive Foreign Residence Requirements, Receipt Number ### at this office for processing from another office. We mailed you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

I check everyday to see if is any change on the date, but nothing yet.

52 minutes ago, DiPi said:

On January 19, 2017, we received your Form I-612, Application to Waive Foreign Residence Requirements, Receipt Number ### at this office for processing from another office. We mailed you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

By changing the last several digits of your receipt number, can you see cases of I612 received between 12/20/2016 and 01/19/2017?

3 hours ago, DiPi said:

I think I got confused between your case and the other guy one. Anyway if they have your petition you will be fine soon I guess. Good luck

5 hours ago, DiPi said:

Dipi

which USCIS service center has your J1 waiver application been sent to ?

20 hours ago, DiPi said:

You can call them in vermont, give them your name and say that you appplyed for the I-612, that way they can find your case, but pretty much on the same day that they receive a letter they send a confirmation letter to your address on file, and DOS also send you a copy of the letter that they send to USCIS saying that your favorable to the waiver of 2 years.

Dipi

I did that however I only get a response that my entry is not in system. What USCIS service center has your J1 application been sent to ?

On 2/6/2017 at 2:55 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

By changing the last several digits of your receipt number, can you see cases of I612 received between 12/20/2016 and 01/19/2017?

i changed a couple number and come cases from diferent forms, but you cant see what was the process time. do you know how to see the procecess from begin to end.

1 hour ago, DiPi said:

i changed a couple number and come cases from diferent forms, but you cant see what was the process time. do you know how to see the procecess from begin to end.

I just want to know whether my case was received by USCIS or not... My favorable recommendation was sent on 12/21/2016, but I have not received anything from USCIS. I don't know my receipt number so I can not track online. I call USCIS and they can not find any cases related to my name. I am really anxious now. Can you provide me the first 7 or 8 digits of one receipt number so that I can see what's going on by changing the last several digits...

Archived