J-1 Waiver (No Objection) pending since 13 WEEKS

J1W

Hi everyone,

My J-1 waiver (No-Objection basis) has been pending at the DOS for over 13 weeks since the WRD received all relevant documentation (i.e. 5 weeks beyond the estimated 6-8 weeks processing time). I have contacted the WRD by email several times to inquire about the delay and I haven't received any response.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Have there been other cases taking this long? 

Hi John,

I applied for the Waiver under the No-Objection basis after receiving an ``Advisory opinion'' that stated I was subject to the 212e rule. 

I assume you are waiting for the advisory opinion finding first, before applying for the waiver. I would strongly recommend though to start organizing the waiver application documentation, as most advisory opinion findings end up with a ``subject'' finding. In my case for example, the finding was ``subject'' with the argument that I had received government funding, although this was clearly not the case (I was fully funded by a University in Europe.) Unfortunately it is seems to be very hard to argue with the WRD even when they make mistakes.

Hi J1W,

Thanks for the response. I did not applied for the  "Advisory opinion''.  

I knew that I am subject 2 year rule because I received funding from my government. So I directly applied for J1 waiver based on NO OBJECTION basis.  Of course, I did paid the stopped and paid the fund back to my government, and received NOL from my embassy. 

Please let me know when you have some news.  I started to panic because it has been like 8 weeks since they my application is complete. 

• 1 month later...

Archived