H1B amendment before fly

mandeep kumar

My H1B stamping was done a week back on passport. Due to some circumstances i need to go to different client instead of my current client (My petitioner will remain same), I have few queries and it will be a great help if Murthy firm help me on it:

1.       For client change in same location (18 miles) do I need to file an amendment

Can I fly to US and then initiate amendment from US (any legal complexity)

or it is mandatory to initiate before fly

3.       If I initiate amendment after fly to US then is there any issue during POE or when I file amendment after arriving US

4.       Can I fly to US while my amendment in progress

5.       What is turnaround time for amendment completion (average)

20 hours ago, mandeep kumar said:

My H1B stamping was done a week back on passport. Due to some circumstances i need to go to different client instead of my current client (My petitioner will remain same), I have few queries and it will be a great help if Murthy firm help me on it:

1.       For client change in same location (18 miles) do I need to file an amendment

3.       If I initiate amendment after fly to US then is there any issue during POE or when I file amendment after arriving US

Client Change in 18 miles, if the new client location falls under same metropolitan city then u dont need amendment

On 11/27/2016 at 3:47 AM, mandeep kumar said:

1. You can initiate and fly. Doesn't need to be approved.

2. No issues as you can say you initiated the process.

3. Yes.

4. Should be around 6 to 9 months for normal processing.

Archived