MS in US with a 3 year Bachelors degree that is not equivalent to 4 years US Baccalaureate

Amrita01

Hi,

I am in the USA on an H4 and wanted to convert to F1 to do my MS in STEM. However i have a 3 year Bachelors degree(BCA) from India and 5+ years work experience in India as a Web Developer. I do not see my college or University affiliated to the NAAC so i believe WES would not evaluate it to a 4 year US Bachelors degree.

I want to know if there are any other options which can enable me to pursue my MS in STEM by completing an additional 1 year program to be equivalent to the 4 year bachelors degree?

I read about excelsior and the transfer of credit but could not understand much about it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Amrita

Identify a few colleges of interest to you, preferably KNOWN and non profit. Ask the College admissions about any Bridge courses you can take to make up for the one year and then get into a Masters program. You have to do the groundwork. Even websites for the colleges will help out. Stay away from colleges offering credit for life experience etc.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2016 at 6:54 PM, Amrita01 said:

Hi,

I am in the USA on an H4 and wanted to convert to F1 to do my MS in STEM. However i have a 3 year Bachelors degree(BCA) from India and 5+ years work experience in India as a Web Developer. I do not see my college or University affiliated to the NAAC so i believe WES would not evaluate it to a 4 year US Bachelors degree.

I want to know if there are any other options which can enable me to pursue my MS in STEM by completing an additional 1 year program to be equivalent to the 4 year bachelors degree?

I read about excelsior and the transfer of credit but could not understand much about it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Amrita

Hi Amrita,

Did you find any solutions for your problem? I am also facing same issue and wanted to know if there is any good option you have found.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Archived