H1B Stamping DropBox Eligibility

nitinware

Hi Friends,

I have a question regarding H1B Stamping dropbox eligibility.

I got my H1B stamping done in September 2013 for Employer A for first time, I got the stamp with validity till 14 April 2016.

After I came to US, I changed by employer twice from Employer A to B, Employer B to C.

Currently I am working for employer C, my new employer's I-797 validity is till 19 August 2019.

Now I am planning to travel to India for personal reasons, since my visa stamp expired in 14 April 2016 I need to go for stamping.

I want to check if I am eligible for dropbox because -  

1) My visa stamp from first employer got expired in 14 April 2016, so it is still under 12 months of expiry.

2) I have changed my employer twice after my stamping after coming to US.

3) My passport has expired and my H1B stamp is in my old passport.

I called TravelDocs helpline but they told me that if you answer to all the questionnaire then you should know if you are eligible or not.

Kindly help me on figuring out, if I am eligible for H1B dropbox eligibility.

Any Help is highly appreciate.

Thanks,

Nitin Ware

9 hours ago, nitinware said:

Hi Friends,

I have a question regarding H1B Stamping dropbox eligibility.

I got my H1B stamping done in September 2013 for Employer A for first time, I got the stamp with validity till 14 April 2016.

After I came to US, I changed by employer twice from Employer A to B, Employer B to C.

Currently I am working for employer C, my new employer's I-797 validity is till 19 August 2019.

Now I am planning to travel to India for personal reasons, since my visa stamp expired in 14 April 2016 I need to go for stamping.

I want to check if I am eligible for dropbox because -  

1) My visa stamp from first employer got expired in 14 April 2016, so it is still under 12 months of expiry.

2) I have changed my employer twice after my stamping after coming to US.

3) My passport has expired and my H1B stamp is in my old passport.

I called TravelDocs helpline but they told me that if you answer to all the questionnaire then you should know if you are eligible or not.

Kindly help me on figuring out, if I am eligible for H1B dropbox eligibility.

Any Help is highly appreciate.

Thanks,

Nitin Ware

You are eligible for drop box even though u changed ur employer . 

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I have a question on Dropbox eligibility. 

I went to India back in 2013 and my stamping was done over there, visa had an end date of 09/30/2014.

I got my extension from 10/01/2014 to 09/30/2017, I never crossed the country so I did not get my stamping done. 

Now, I am in my next H1b extension which started 10/01/2017 until 09/30/2020. If I go to India, am I eligible for Dropbox?

I am with same employer all the years. 

Thank you in advance

Priya

Archived