H1B Visa Stamipng OCT31 (without client letter)

sri1818

Hi, 
I am going for my H1 stamping on Oct 31st at the HYD center.

I am from MNC (with employess 2.5+ Lakhs). My Company initiated my H1B petition with internal project and the same is there in my DS-160 form. 

I have Manager Letter (instead of client letter) from my onsite manager which states about my roles and responsibilities in US as I will be working at my company location itself instead of client location. 

So what kind of questions can I expect from Interviewer? 

Will the Manager Letter be helpful without client letter? 

Is it safe to appear interview with internal project or shall I switch to US project and appear for interview?

Thanks in advance.

On 10/21/2016 at 2:04 PM, shekar11# said:

Manager letter should be fine.

Client letter would actually show that u have real work at client location .

your so called MNC said they have internal project ( inhouse project ) and filed h1.

now how can they put u at client location with out any h1 amendment.

The adress on ur manager letter is different from the location on ur inhouse project LCA.

hope for the best and let us know wht happens to ur case 

14 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

Client letter would actually show that u have real work at client location .

your so called MNC said they have internal project ( inhouse project ) and filed h1.

now how can they put u at client location with out any h1 amendment.

The adress on ur manager letter is different from the location on ur inhouse project LCA.

hope for the best and let us know wht happens to ur case 

Hi they (Company HR) said that I can attend interview with manager letter (Inhouse project which is having the same address as mentioned in the manager letter) and after getting the VISA stamped I can apply for H1 amendment (as I will be moving to US project). 

Will that be fine?

It appears that your current project is at the Client location and no longer in-house. To be honest, these kind of visa filing raise red flags for other folks. In your case, is your client at the same location as your in-house location. If not, then your company should have filed for a new LCA. If you are in the same geographical location, I believe you should be fine with the same old LCA. But if you were in a location that had lower cost of living, and moved to a place with significantly higher cost of living, that would imply your employer not paying you enough. Does not always mean a problem, but the VO has more reasons to be concerned.

It would be at the VO's discretion. If they do not raise any concerns, then you should be fine. Otherwise, they may ask for a client letter. Typically, if they do need it, they will give you a 221g (suspend the process and wait for the documents to resume it). That can introduce a few days of delay. Similar thing can happen if they do need to a new LCA as well. In either case, if the VO needs more docs or raises concerns, you should reach out to your attorney after your interview.

All the best, and please post your experience here.

Archived