No response of waiver division by mail

ebeb

Hello,

We submitted all our documents for the j1-waiver about 4 months ago and I had contact with the waiver division for some questions just after the submission using the 212ewaiver@state.gov address.

Since it is taking so long I have tried to contact them to ask if there is something wrong and why it is taking so long, but they don't respond any more, I mailed them several times (first one over 3 weeks ago). Do you also have experience with slow response by email? Is there any other way to contact them? 

I am worried about the waiver, because I was told it would take 6-8 weeks, I also contact my embassy and they mentioned it never took this long and all other waiver requests around the same time of mine already are approved.

Thank you for all the experiences and information you can give.   

• 1 month later...

Hi, have you received the determination yet or an email response from the WRD? 

My No-Objection J-1 Waiver has been pending since 13 weeks (i.e over 5 weeks beyond the processing times of 6-8 weeks). I have written several emails to the WRD to inquire about the delay but I haven't received a response to any of them. I do not know what to do besides writing to the WRD and I feel completely helpless. 

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you deal with it?

Archived