Previous employer threatening me

rajansule

Hi,

I came to US on H1B on march 2016 through company A. In H1B they field as working for in-house project. Once I came here they said they no longer have any projects and said they will find a client.

During this time they did not pay me. Their argument was since they have not officially on-boarded me they don't need to pay me. 

after I got a client I worked for month and half  and moved to different company. I did not tell them until my H1 transfer is complete. 

Now my previous company is refusing to give me my experience certificate and they are also holding back my 1 month pay. They are demanding to pay them 10000 dollars or will take further actions.

What further actions will they take. will they create any trouble for me legally. I already moved to different company. Can they do anything that will impact my H1B

This is still a country of laws at least till January,19. You should complain to the Federal Department of Labor in writing using form WH4. Stick to facts and not rhetoric. You were sponsored by A. If you paid A let them know. You reported and they did not pay you. They made you look for a job . You left this company because of violation of US Law and joined a lawful company. If you do this and send the company a copy I guarantee you they will shut up.

Archived