H1b 221g chennai from Aug 10

H1b 221g

Hi All,

I was initially approved an h1b visa on the day of my interview at chennai consulate later after 20 days I got a 221g asking for documents like contract b/w end client & employer, project documentation & employer tax returns which I have submitted on that day itself . After 15 days my passport was returned.15 days after  they have  returned my passport they asked me to submit the documents again so far 70 days from date of interview no update from the consulate yet.

Please let me know if anyone else had a similar experience and result

22 hours ago, H1b 221g said:

Hi All,

I was initially approved an h1b visa on the day of my interview at chennai consulate later after 20 days I got a 221g asking for documents like contract b/w end client & employer, project documentation & employer tax returns which I have submitted on that day itself . After 15 days my passport was returned.15 days after  they have  returned my passport they asked me to submit the documents again so far 70 days from date of interview no update from the consulate yet.

Please let me know if anyone else had a similar experience and result

If you can share ur visa interview experience.  we could better assist you.

On 10/21/2016 at 0:34 PM, premkalyan521 said:

If you can share ur visa interview experience.  we could better assist you.

questions asked during my vi

V0:who is your client

me: answered

vo: where is your employer located:

me: answered

vo: can i see the client letter?

me: given

vo: what is your annual salary?

me :xxx

vo: can i see your pay stubs?

me shown

vo: how many years of experience you have?

me : answered

vo: how long have you been working with client?

me : answered

vo: you are  paid monthly?

me: yes

vo: can i see your w2?

me: given

vo: what is your highest degree?

me: masters

vo: your visa is approved will receive your passport in 2-3 days returned all other documents(i797, client letter,w2, pay stubs)

me: thanks

havent got my passport so mailed them about my passport after 11 days from date of interview got a response saying that my case is in 221g process and they request some documents which I have submitted

please let me know if you need anything else from my side

8 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

Did u try calling the consulate directly . You can try to get help from your congressmen here in us .  You can request ur congressmen ( congressmen of ur work location here in us ) . If ur congress men is kind enough he could email the consulate asking to expedite ur case .

Thank you for your reply @premkalyan521yeah they always redirect my call to 040-4625-8222 which is the support and they always give me a  same standard message your case is in ap and i need to wait until the completion of the process. I will try with congressmen

Archived