H1B stamping multiple jobs

rks0028

I have employment with two companies since Jan 2014 on H1B, one full-time 40 hours and one part-time 30 hours.I have separate and valid I-797's from both companies,the part-time being applied as concurrent H1B.Full-time H1B is expiring on 31-May-2017,whereas part-time H1B extension was recently approved until 01-Jan-2020.I have to go to India this december and would need to go for a visa interview at a US consulate in India.The forms have only one slot to put in for H1B petitioner and I am not sure how to fill in both petitioners on the forms.If someone could help me with providing information on how to approach this situation and also whether multiple jobs would create any issues\confusion with my visa stamping.How should I prepare in terms of documentation that should go with my application. Anyone who had a similar situation please post your experience. 

On 10/20/2016 at 10:19 AM, shekar11# said:

This is the very first time I am hearing that you can have 2 H-1's and have 2 separate pay checks on your name simultaneously. Is it really possible to do that on H-1. Need to wait for experts to chime in.

I had same feeling . But I read some where that it is possible to maintain 2 h1's at the same time 

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2016 at 1:31 PM, rks0028 said:

I have employment with two companies since Jan 2014 on H1B, one full-time 40 hours and one part-time 30 hours.I have separate and valid I-797's from both companies,the part-time being applied as concurrent H1B.Full-time H1B is expiring on 31-May-2017,whereas part-time H1B extension was recently approved until 01-Jan-2020.I have to go to India this december and would need to go for a visa interview at a US consulate in India.The forms have only one slot to put in for H1B petitioner and I am not sure how to fill in both petitioners on the forms.If someone could help me with providing information on how to approach this situation and also whether multiple jobs would create any issues\confusion with my visa stamping.How should I prepare in terms of documentation that should go with my application. Anyone who had a similar situation please post your experience. 

Have you been to visa stamping? if yes, which consulate did you go for? would you be able to post your experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my visa interview at the end of Dec 2016 and approved without any issues. I presented both companies I-797's and briefly mentioned that I work two jobs. The VO seemed confused and asked me who the petitioner was, so I went with the fulltime job and then he proceeded to ask the general set of questions about the title, salary, length of employment etc. All of this was over in a span of 4-5 minutes. 

Archived