Master's degree issue date vs completion date for Green Card Processing under EB2 category

sridude_3667

Hello,

I am in my mid term of the 4th year on my H1 B and I intent to start off my Green Card Processing in EB2 category.

I have a Masters degree which i have completed successfully in 2009 but have collected my final degree certificate in 2016.  My attorney says USCIS considers Issue date of the certificate because the content of the certificate is not convincing as per standards, so as per this Final Degree certificate i will not have enough education credentials to file the GC in EB 2 category.

So, clearly there is a discrepancy in the Issue date of the degree certificate and of the completion date.

I have seen some cases like this on immigration forums which ended up with RFE's in the I -140 stage with no conclusions.

Question : Would a supporting letter from the university which endorses the fact that i was awarded the degree in 2009 do the needful here, or even after getting a supporting letter it would be a tough to steer thru the I-140 stage.

Please let me know if i have to furnish more details, would be happy to !

Thanks much !

Archived