Need Favor on I-94 extension

Dhan1001

Hi There,

My Daughter recently entered into US and got the I-94 until passport expiry though she has got valid US visa until end of 2018. I have followed up CBP office(in email) as asked to extend the I-94 as we got renewed passport. We have been advised to submit I-539 to get the I-94 extension otherwise leave country and come back again.

Appears this I-539 involves fee + long process, I thought of going to Canada/Mexico and enter and return on same day/time so that I will have new I-94 for my daughter.

Being Canada need Visa to enter into, I was told Mexico is easy as we could enter mexico as long as we have valid US VISA stamped in PP (we have until sep 2018) and we could not face any issue while enter back to US.I am thinking to drive and take U-turn and get into I-94 upon some of positive response from this forum. 

I really appreciate if someone could share your expertise and thoughts.

Note: We are from India on H1/H4 Visa.
59 minutes ago, pontevecchio said:

Keep your car in San Diego and take the trolley to the Tijuana border and cross the turnstiles and return to the USA and make sure to ask for a NEW I94 for your daughter and then return. Lots of reports of people doing this on this forum and even GOOGLE.

Thanks for the prompt response.. I might travel/Drive from Austin,TX. Do we have similar service there as well.. I am sorry for asking too many questions.

Archived