I-485 : My birth certificate does not have registration date and registration number

My name is Hari and my I-140 (EB1) has been approved. Now I am preparing I-485 and came to know that a birth certificate is one of the crucial documents have to submitted for I-485 steps. I checked with my parents and came to know that my birth certificate does not have any registration date or number. Although other entries like name, place of birth, date of birth are all matches with my passport entries. My parents checked with the registrar and municipality offices and came to know that my birth was not registered and we dont have any record of my birth. I was born on 1979. So what should I do. I am not sure if my government will issue a Non-Availability of Birth Certificate. In the past people have received RFE even after submitting Non-Availability of Birth Certificate, affidavit and school certificates. So I am not sure what should I do. Please let me know what should I do. I will greatly appreciate any response.   

On October 1, 2016 at 2:54 PM, HariScience5 said:

My name is Hari and my I-140 (EB1) has been approved. Now I am preparing I-485 and came to know that a birth certificate is one of the crucial documents have to submitted for I-485 steps. I checked with my parents and came to know that my birth certificate does not have any registration date or number. Although other entries like name, place of birth, date of birth are all matches with my passport entries. My parents checked with the registrar and municipality offices and came to know that my birth was not registered and we dont have any record of my birth. I was born on 1979. So what should I do. I am not sure if my government will issue a Non-Availability of Birth Certificate. In the past people have received RFE even after submitting Non-Availability of Birth Certificate, affidavit and school certificates. So I am not sure what should I do. Please let me know what should I do. I will greatly appreciate any response.   

Which state in india??

If you have a hospital issued BC, then attach it. If you don't have it, approach the hospital and ask for the BC from their records.

If all your DOBs match your municipality certificate, then you are fine. But to be on the safe side, attach affidavits from your parents and one third person who was there at your birth on stamp paper and attach. Also attach your own affidavit on stamp paper.

With all these, you should be fine. If they give RFE, respond by stating that you made every effort to obtain BC from municipality but couldn't (give proofs of efforts).

Archived