Can I change DS-160

abn07

Hello team,

Initially, in July 2016, I have scheduled for a visa appointment on Dec 1st, 2016 with my current employer. Last week I got an FT with xyz company. They are working on my H1 premium processing now, should be all good to go within 2 weeks. In this situation, do I have to cancel my visa appointment completely and schedule a new one with a new ds-160 (OR) can i still hold my date of Dec1st, 2016, but create a new ds-160? Can you please describe what could be my options/ best solution? Much appreciated!

Regards,

AA

I missed putting some information here, the US consulate is India-Hyderabad. Currently, when I am logging into my DS-160 portal, I get an option to retrieve the existing DS-160 form and/ or to create a NEW DS-160 form. Does this mean, can I franchise the option of creating a new DS-160 and holding my date as it is? i.e; Dec 1st, 2016?

Please provide detailed information, links from US immigration which gives an accurate information regarding this, in US consulate websites, I just get an answer to call them and verify, nothing much is provided. 

Thanks 

AA

Congrats on Full time. First check with your attorney to have the approval notice to be sent to the consulate where you plan on going for visa stamping,  this will avoid any delays.  

You can update the DS-160 and go for the stamping or cancel and start with a clean slate, doesn't matter. 

If you are concerned about visa slots, with time there will definitely something will open. I initially scheduled for Dec then found some slots within 2 days at times and after I booked when I checked again a whole bunch of October slots opened up.  My guess new slots get available during the 3 week for the following month.   

Thanks @NONJ it was informative :). Sure, I will check with my attorney on the same. I just had one confusion that, will i be able to change DS-160 and still hold my prior booked slot of Dec1st 2016. 

I have travel plans during that days, so I will not change date, instead I will create a new DS-160 and attend the interview :)

Thanks again!

Regards,

AA 

Archived