POE I 94 Wrong End Date, Overstayed by 1 year

bittersweet.arpan

Looking for information/experience/help - 

My wife had a prior petition approved in Sept 2013, got approved I797 and I94 till Sept 30 2016. 
Traveled to India in Dec 2013 and back in Jan 2014 with I94 Admit until date is Oct 5, 2016 as per passport.
Traveled to India in May 2015 and came back in June 2015, online I94 issued. 
Extension was applied in March 2016 and upgraded to Premium Processing 3 weeks ago. Got an RFE, awaiting details to respond. 
Just now, we checked the I94 that was last issued in June of 2015 and realized that the Admit Until date was given as Sept 25, 2015. 

She is already scheduled to travel to India on Oct 5, 2016.

What are the implications and options now? Any way things can be addressed?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2016 at 0:05 AM, bittersweet.arpan said:

JoeF, the H1B extension was finally approved today. I am not sure what was done with the I-94 dates and when I will be able to see the reflected change on the official I94 website. Any input is appreciated.

Did you get your I-797 and what is the i-94 expiration date on it? If you can please let us know the final outcome, it would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 9:26 AM, bittersweet.arpan said:

TJKumar, 

My wife's H1b extension was approved with new expiration date, though it was not back dated for an older start date.Hope this helps.

An H1 will always have the start date as approval date or later. It is never back-dated.

I missed your October post (I think I was travelling.) Good to know that it was approved.

Archived