Employer Name in DS 160

mashmit2002

I work for a company with legal name "Legal A" which also has a Doing Business As (DBA) name of "Business B". "Legal A" is under the umbrella of "Company C". My H1 documents have everything mixed up.
The LCA says "Legal A DBA Business B".
My paycheck says "Legal A" processed by "Company C payroll"
The support letter & offer letters say "Business B". Financial docs have "Legal A", Tax documents have "Business B"
I-129 says "Legal A DBA Business B" (same as LCA)

I filled the DS-160 with employer name as "Business B" and US petitioner name as "Legal A DBA Business B" (same as in I-129)
Does it matter which name I use? 

I already submitted my DS-160 and scheduled the appointment. I am a little reluctant to change it if it doesn't matter. 

I stand on the opposite spectrum,  just take it easy and go for stamping.   Have printed documents, website information to explain this, ask your company attorney that you are going for stamping and see if they support your stamping.

One check is -  I 797 to Pay Stub to your DS 160, if you could fill it up, to align these then don't sweat over this.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my company doesn't use an immigration lawyer for H1b cases. I did however speak to someone in the immigration dept that also happens to be a former USCIS employee. She told me to use the legal name wherever possible. The rest of the relationship with other entities can be proven through documents. 

Archived