H1b Stamping in Matamoros, Mexico - Experience

SUN - VSP

First of all, Thank you to Murthy forum. Appreciated all for sharing your experience and it is very helpful.

Here is my experience in Matamoros, Mexico

Sep 26th - ASC Appointment (9:00 AM)

Sep 27th - VISA Interview (8:00 AM)

On Sep 25th landed in Brownsville, Tx airport at 1:00 PM. I took Salvador Services for accommodation. Mr.Salvador came to pick us at 2 Pm near Greyhound bus station and drove to hotel in matamoros. No issue while enter into matamoros.

On Sep 26th - Mr.Salvador and his assistance took us to ASC center around 8:30 AM and within 15 mins finger print appt completed.

On Sep 27th -  Mr.Salvador and his assistance drop us at Visa appt center around 7:30 Am.

Interview questions

VO - Good morning, gentleman 

ME - Very good morning officer

VO - Passport please

VO - where is your i-797?

ME - Given

VO - Are you here for h1b stamping

ME - Yes, officer

VO - Who is your employer?

ME - XXXXXX

VO -  What is your role in the company?

ME - Sr. SQL SERVER Developer

VO - Do you have end client?

ME - Yes

VO - Who is your end client and where?

ME - XXXXXX is my client

VO - repeat again please

ME - repeated twice.

VO - How much is your annual salary?

ME - XXXXX

VO - Given yellow slip and said come around 3-30 pm to pick the passport. If passport not ready by that time then will given further notice.

ME - Thank you officer :)

Salvador assistance picked us from the consulate around 9:15 AM and drove back to the hotel. Later at 3:00 PM went to consulate to pick the passport.

My passport was ready but for couple of other people passports was delayed for 24 hours due to printing issue.

At 5:00 PM all set to return to USA. Salvador assistance drop us at Mexico - US border. We crossed the border by walk (5 mins)

Around 5:10 PM entered into US Custom Border, they took the passports and asked us to wait and offer seats. After 3 hours waited in the office

Custom officer called us. My turn

CO -

1) Why are you here?

2) Who is your employer?

3) What is your role?

4) Employer address?

5) Show me your current address proof?

6) How long you been in US?

7) Where did you do your Masters?

8) Major?

9) Show me your masters degree?

10) Where is your Employer verification letter?

11) What is your role again?

12) What your annual salary?

13) In what stage your green card process?

14) What are you doing in VA when your employer is in TX?

15) Who is your end client?

16) Great everything is perfect. Here is your I-94.. Safe travel.

It took around 25 mins at port of entry not including wait time. Plz carry all your documents.

If you planning to get stamping in Matamoros. I will highly recommend Salvador services (https://mexicovisaservice.appspot.com/). Very safe n clean hotel and he is very friendly and his stuff is treated us very nicely.

On 10/2/2016 at 6:26 PM, venkis said:

Hi,

I did master in US, I am on H1B Extension and i don't have prior H1 visa. Can i go to mexico for my H1 VISA stamping (F1 to H1 conversion).

Can you share your email ID Please?

Thanks,

Venki

You are not eligible for stamping in Mexico. Because you do not have a prior H1-B visa stamp.

Archived