DS-160 Change query

seshu_ken

Guys,

I have a drop box option for Hyderabad, India and planned to go for Drop box on October 17th and I happened to look at the DS160 confirmation today and my birthplace entered as Hyderabad, United States of America. Looks like we cannot change DS160 once its filled and confirmed. I dont know how I missed that... What are my options in this situation... Can I fill a new DS160 with correct details and keep the visa receipt amount already paid for new DS160. ? Or is there any other best option for my situation.

Thanks Shekar11 for your response. I have one question.. When I have gone through ustraveldocs website where we book an appointment for Visa interview, I have seen that only name and passport number are greyed out(cant change) but we can change DS160 number. So can I use the new DS 160 number after correcting my mistake and take a new drop box confirmation page? If I do that is do you know if there will be any issue with it or should I not change and keep the same appointment confirmation and just follow your suggestion and take new DS160 without changing in US travel docs.

Archived