Vancouver Oct 1 weekend - lets get together

NONJ

Of course  the purpose is Stamping at Vancouver on Friday Sep 30. Driving from Seattle on Thursday evening and if anyone is interested to meet up, lets get together, think you can find my email in my profile.  Would be glad to drive around city or just take public transit, so far haven't done any research on the city, so up for anything.

Kind of last minute and haven't made any hotel reservations,  any suggestions for a place you highly recommend is appreciated.  Otherwise some big name websites to the rescue tomorrow.

Met some cool people during my prior visits to the embassy, usually after the stamping, kind of run into people at a coffee shop and the common ground of stamping connects us.  Hoping weather stays nice. 

On 9/27/2016 at 10:02 PM, NONJ said:

Of course  the purpose is Stamping at Vancouver on Friday Sep 30. Driving from Seattle on Thursday evening and if anyone is interested to meet up, lets get together, think you can find my email in my profile.  Would be glad to drive around city or just take public transit, so far haven't done any research on the city, so up for anything.

Kind of last minute and haven't made any hotel reservations,  any suggestions for a place you highly recommend is appreciated.  Otherwise some big name websites to the rescue tomorrow.

Met some cool people during my prior visits to the embassy, usually after the stamping, kind of run into people at a coffee shop and the common ground of stamping connects us.  Hoping weather stays nice. 

Hi NONJ,

I recently got appointment at Vancouver consulate in Canada but it didn't give me option to book ASC appointment for fingerprinting. Do I need to book a separate appointment prior to visa interview for Vancouver? If yes, can someone pls point me to the website for same. My visa appointment is on 5th October so I will really appreciate quick help on this. Thanks.

Hi Sri999,

Sometimes a lot of slots open up for booking, it was a routine to check in the morning, afternoon and night :),  then a whole bunch of slots opened up in October, so keep looking and I am sure you will get something as the time progresses. 

Hi BeeKay,

As far as I know there is no finger separate appointment for finger prints, its taken during the visa interview.

Went for Stamping today 30thSep in the morning,  the usual ritual of security checks, 2 passport size pics, finger printing and the routine questions of title, company, copy of I-140 which barely lasted 2 minutes.   I work directly for the company. Whole process took an hour though.    

Staying in downtown at the moment, if anyone wants to meet up ..... shoot me an email.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2016 at 10:19 AM, NONJ said:

Hi Sri999,

Sometimes a lot of slots open up for booking, it was a routine to check in the morning, afternoon and night :),  then a whole bunch of slots opened up in October, so keep looking and I am sure you will get something as the time progresses. 

Hi BeeKay,

As far as I know there is no finger separate appointment for finger prints, its taken during the visa interview.

Thanks. I got my visa last week, as easy as it could get :)

Archived